Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

HBO's Game of Thrones

Started by Bromptonboy, August 18, 2009, 06:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Isn't this violence in the books too?

Bromptonboy

Yes there is - but there are subtle changes from the books to the series. Westeros and Esteros are brutal places.  There are a few things added in the series that were not done in the book as well - but that is for ratings i suppose.
Pete

Rico

I'm shocked the animal rights folks haven't complained too!

Bromptonboy

Another great episode - with some more departures from the books - but nothing too bad.
[spoiler]That rescue mission to Theon didn't happen in the books - not sure why it was included.
IF I recall, the Iron Bank came to Stannis - no the other way round.  I find it tough to believe he would have abased himself like that.
[/spoiler]
Pete

Rico

I like this latest episode quite a bit.  Hit most of the current story lines - well except a couple of them.

[spoiler]Man - Theon is one messed up dude.  Sorry, no tears for him.  Tyrion is just so darn awesome!  Love the dragon going after the goats![/spoiler]

Bromptonboy

Yeah that was great!
[spoiler]The dragon CGI was great.  They have gotten so big.

I almost feel sorry for Theon.  He is certainly paying for all of his sins.

You ain't seen nothing yet with Tyrion- wait till after his trial..[/spoiler]
Pete

Rico

No pity for Theon after what he has done in the past.

ChrisMC

Peter Dinklage just scored his Emmy at the end of that episode.  Wonderful. 
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Bromptonboy

Quote from: ChrisMC on May 13, 2014, 08:06:23 AM
Yes he did a great job.  If you ever get the chance, check out the audiobooks.  Roy Dotrice does the reading, and his Tyrion is great.  He gives all the Lanisters Welsh accents - save for Tywin who sounds like Churchill.
His Lord Varys sounds vaguely like James Hayter - if you can rememer that old actor!
Pete

Praxis

Yeah no kidding. Damn that was good

Praxis

Quote from: Bromptonboy on May 13, 2014, 10:42:59 AM
Yes he did a great job.  If you ever get the chance, check out the audiobooks.  Roy Dotrice does the reading, and his Tyrion is great.  He gives all the Lanisters Welsh accents - save for Tywin who sounds like Churchill.
His Lord Varys sounds vaguely like James Hayter - if you can rememer that old actor!
Yes!! Audiobooks so good.

Bromptonboy

Book 4 was read by someone else, and he didn't do nearly as good of a job.  Roy is back in book 5, but he is getting on in years.  I hope he makes it for the other books..

I think he goofed on Daenyrs' voice in book 5 - she went from posh sounding to fish-wife'ish. 
Pete

Bromptonboy

Loved the latest episode!

[spoiler]Poor Lysa going out the moon gate![/spoiler]
Pete

Rico

I liked this one quite a bit too. And I knew I liked Prince Oberon before, but now even more.

Bromptonboy

My God, I knew what to expect - but that latest episode still slammed me.

[spoiler]Wow!  So disturbing.  Poor Prince Martel.
A few major departures here from the book.  Both Sansa and Arya ID'ing themselves.  They did a good job of showing Sansa's transformation.
I was wondering how Danyrs would handle the news about Mormont as well.[/spoiler]
Pete