• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Family Guy Meets Star Wars

Started by Geekyfanboy, April 26, 2007, 10:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

Also, I don't know why I wasn't expecting it but I almost fell off the couch when I saw Brian as Chewbacca.

"garglegarglegarglegarglegarglegargle. Always gargle before a takeoff!"

Rico

By the way, many of the special effects shots were just footage from "Star Wars" rotoscoped to look animated.  That's why much of the stuff looked so spot on.  Some of my favorite parts:

Opening crawl,
Leia/Lois putting the message in R2 ("It says I need to download Real Player,...")
Darth Stewie,
The whole couch gag,
Peter doing the music fighting the TIE's off,
Hyperspace with Dr. Who,
The ending with Chris (Seth Green) saying how "Robot Chicken" beat FG to the punch on SW parodies. Great stuff!  :)

billybob476

I take it they had support from Lucasfilm on this one.

markinro

Ok, just checking.   Everyone did notice Roger in the bar scene, right ?

billybob476

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: billybob476 on September 24, 2007, 06:01:50 AM
I take it they had support from Lucasfilm on this one.

Yes Lucas gave his support for both Family Guy and Robot Chicken Star Wars special. He's always been really tight with licensing out his Star Wars stuff. But after the final movie was released he's tend to be more giving.... lucky for us Star Wars fans.

billybob476

Honestly I am amazed that there are no clips on youTube aside from the clips from Celebration!

Darth Gaos

I have not laughed that hard since the Robot Chicken special.  I have never seen a full episode of Family Guy until last night...that was hilarious.

Watching the animated Boston Pops orchestra play "The People's Court" just had me rolling.  And am I mistaken or was that actually Rush Limbaugh's vioce on the radio in the Land Speeder....if it wasn't it was a helluva impersonation.  Love him or hate him that was funny....."And if that wasn't enough Lando Calrissian is now in charge of the mining operation in Bespin...We all know how he got that job...Affirmative Action.  My wife was crying she was laughing so hard.

Thw whole show was amazing

EDIT: Whoa...sorry if you had to read that rambling.....weird "Cut/Paste" problem for a sec.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Dan M

That was Rush.  And Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo.

KingIsaacLinksr

Anyone know where I can stream/download it?? I couldn't see it because I have no TV *cry* *cry* *cry*   :jawdrop  :troopersmile  :-[  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(!!!

King LInksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

billybob476

Here's the ep in four parts. I guess it'll last until youTube takes it down.

http://www.mediagab.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9205#9205

KingIsaacLinksr

Yea, i noticed they took down the 3 parts of the Robot Chicken on youtube...how dare they....how in the heck else do you watch it?? 

Oh well....

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

jedijeff

I thought it was great, I liked when they were attacking the death star, and showed all the different Red's (Think I liked Big Red Gum the best). Great show, really enjoyed it.

moyer777

Ok, I have to admit, I have never watched family guy ever.  :blush

So, I liked some of the parts a lot, but other parts were a little too "adult" for me.  But that is just my taste.  My wife and daughter left the room and my two sons rolled their eyes a bunch.  Some of the parts were hysterical! 

Yes, Jeff, the Red part was very funny!

My  :2cents

:luke

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Dan M

Quote from: moyer777 on September 24, 2007, 07:21:21 PM
Ok, I have to admit, I have never watched family guy ever.  :blush

So, I liked some of the parts a lot, but other parts were a little too "adult" for me.  But that is just my taste.

FG is not for everyone.  As far as adult content, that was an incredibly tame episode compared to some others.   My wife won't watch the show.  It's just not her thing, but she did watch a few of the highlights that I played for her.