• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Family Guy Meets Star Wars

Started by Geekyfanboy, April 26, 2007, 10:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Yes - not for everyone.  Comedy is a unique thing too.  What's funny to one person isn't funny to another.  But I find the show pretty funny most of the time.  Interesting thing about the SW episode is it wasn't super joke filled.  More of a retelling of the story with new characters in the parts.  Pretty fun still I think.

Dan M

I love the show and I thought that episode was an absolute riot, but it was different from a normal FG episode.

I read that LFL had them cut out the incest jokes, which is understandable. 

It makes me wonder if they had to cut out the Greedo shoots first stuff that I expect we were all surpised to see omitted.

Geekyfanboy

Family Guy May Parody “Empire” Next‏

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2007/09/25/family-guy-may-parody-empire-next%e2%80%8f/

Written by: Michael Hickerson (SoSF Staff Journalist)

Sunday night’s season premiere parody of the original “Star Wars” on “Family Guy” was such a ratings success that producers are considering turning it into an annual event, according to reports in TV Week.

The one-hour parody garnered a 5.5 rating in the 18-49 year old demographic, making it the highest watched episode of “Family Guy” since the show returned to FOX with original episodes.

The producers are considering making a “Star Wars” parody an annual event for the show along the lines of “The Simpsons’” annual Halloween specials. Next up for parody would be the second installment in the original “Star Wars” trilogy, “The Empire Strikes Back.”

The one-hour special was produced with the approval of “Star Wars” creator George Lucas. In addition, the show featured much of John Williams’ famous musical score from the original movie.

Fans who missed the one-hour parody may be hard-pressed to find it. FOX has no current plans to re-air the show and the episode has yet to appear on iTunes or on FOX’s video player where it can be purchased for download.

Duffster

I just watched it after I recorded on Sunday. Wow...amazing! My wife must have thought my daughter and I were crazy, we were laughing so much!!  If it's a battle between Robot Chicken and Family Guy, I think Family Guy wins, although I thought Robot Chicken was also fantastic!!

Duffster
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

Darth Gaos

Redd Foxx standing by

Helen Reddy standing by

Simply Red standing by

The scene with Porkins was a riot
R2 popping a cap in the TIE fighter gangsta style had me crying...."That's how we do it in my neighbahood B*%ch!"

I hope both Family Guy and Robot Chicken do more Star Wars parodies....I'd watch.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

KingIsaacLinksr

I loved these.  I didn't use to much for Family Guy, but a friend of mine "corrupted" me to watching it.  Oh well...I'm sure I'll live XD

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

billybob476

I listen to movie soundtracks while I work and the TIE Fighter attack music came on. All I can think of now is Peter/Han singing along while sitting in the gunner seat shooting down TIEs.

Da da. Da da. da daaa dadadada daaaaa!

Geekyfanboy

"Family Guy: Blue Harvest" Coming to DVD
November 05, 2007

A long time ago, but somehow in the future ...Fox Home Entertainment presents an outrageous look at the Star Wars universe with "Family Guy: Blue Harvest," a parody of the movie that started it all -- Episode IV A New Hope -- on DVD on January 15. The release promises never-before-seen footage, commentaries, interviews with George Lucas and others, and a first look at the next hilarious intergalactic adventure.

In the season premiere of the offensively uproarious series' sixth season, "Blue Harvest" finds Peter, Lois, Chris, Stewie, Brian and some of Quahog's finest in the middle of George Lucas' beloved science-fiction epic. Feel the Farce in the most irreverent and hilarious way possible; with Han Solo (Peter) Dumpster diving for furniture; Darth Vader (Stewie) soiling his diapers; Luke (Chris) battling against "Thai" fighters; and C-3PO (Quagmire) flirting with a 1980s dot-matrix printer. Featuring hysterical cameos from Rush Limbaugh, Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo and Helen Reddy, "Family Guy" Presents: "Blue Harvest" is "a dead-on homage that hilariously picks apart Star Wars, along with much of real life" (Associated Press).

The DVD features more than four minutes of never-before-seen material; an uncensored track; animatics; commentaries; interviews with Seth MacFarlane and George Lucas; and a first look at a now-in-production "Family Guy" Star Wars spoof (which goes by the working title of "Something, Something, Something Dark Side).

Also available for true "Family Guy" and Star Wars fans is a special edition DVD that features collectible packaging, trading cards, an exclusive brochure, 3-D glasses, a t-shirt and more. The "Family Guy" Presents: "Blue Harvest" DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $22.98 U.S. / $ 25.98 Canada. The special edition is available for a suggested retail price of $34.99 U.S. / $46.98 Canada; prebook is December 19, 2007.

"Family Guy Presents: Blue Harvest" Special Features

Standard Edition

* More than four minutes of exclusive DVD material
    * Uncensored Track
    * Animatics/Commentaries
    * Interviews with Seth MacFarlane and George Lucas
    * Teaser of next Star Wars spoof, "Something, Something, Something Dark Side"

Special Edition

* Family Guy Presents: "Blue Harvest" Standard Edition DVD
    * Collectible Packaging
    * 3-D Fight Scene
    * 3-D Glasses
    * T-Shirt
    * Trading Cards
    * Exclusive Brochure

billybob476

Wow that is a REALLY nice box set.

jedijeff

That is pretty cool. That is a nice looking box set as well. I will probably pickup the standard version, the box set is cool, I really dont have any place to store it.

iceman

Boothanew

Seth green the voice of Chris Griffith and creator of Robot chicken also did a robot chicken Star wars special that aired right afterwards.
The Family guy show was funnier.
Me and my boyfriend were watching and he said , "If this were a star trek episode we would get all the inside jokes alot more."
And he was right. :)
I know way more about star trek than star wars.
You should look at my full list before judging my musical taste...i'm quite eclectic.

Geekyfanboy

Here's the poster for the next Family Guy/Star Wars crossover.

Rico

Looks like it's now only coming out on DVD & Blu-Ray (no TV broadcast?).  I just put this trailer up on Youtube.  Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA_zDdPbwSM

Geekyfanboy

Hmmmm says embed is restricted watch on you tube then you click on it and it said video is restricted and does not play in your country. Now I know how the UK people feel. :(