• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Family Guy Meets Star Wars

Started by Geekyfanboy, April 26, 2007, 10:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

"Family Guy" Creator Seth MacFarlane at Celebration IV!
Special Star Wars Episode Sneak Peek

Seth MacFarlane, the creator and executive producer of the Fox hit animated series, "Family Guy," is scheduled to appear at Star Wars Celebration IV. MacFarlane, recognized as one of the youngest artists ever to create a television series, also voices many of the show's most beloved characters, including Peter, Stewie, Quagmire, and Brian.

This fall, MacFarlane and Fox will air a special one hour "Family Guy episode that's a tribute to the Star Wars Saga as unique as only MacFarlane and his talented team of writers can make it. Fans at Celebration IV will be treated to a first look at parts of the episode, called Blue Harvest, and will have the opportunity to hear about it from MacFarlane and members of his team.

MacFarlane and the writers of the show have often riddled "Family Guy" with Star Wars references, but the coming episode will be all about the galaxy far, far away . . . from a "Family Guy" point of view. Joining MacFarlane on stage will be "Family Guy" Executive Producer David A. Goodman, Director Dominic Polcino, and writer Alec Sulkin. The group will talk about their experiences creating the show, as well as the upcoming Star Wars episode. After their onstage interview, it will be the audience's turn to speak up in a special question and answer session.

ryanlb

That sounds awesome.  Wish I was going to C4.
"I won't have this handed to me, it's only worth something if you struggle for it.  Damn it, Bones, I want my pain.  I NEED my pain."
"The fact that you just quoted Star Trek V to me only proves how screwed we are without that money." ~ PVP Online

Movie Sean

Sounds like a blast.

I always get overwhelmed at cons. 

So much to do, so little time!
Call me cocky, but if there's an alien I can't kill, I haven't met him and killed him yet.

Geekyfanboy

Family Guy to Retell Star Wars: Episode IV
Source: Variety
May 25, 2007

Fox's animated hit "Family Guy" will kick off its fifth season this September with an hourlong episode that retells the "Star Wars" saga using "Family Guy" characters.

Variety says Lucasfilm has blessed the event, which will have the Griffin family acting out all the key scenes and narrative from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane is a major "Star Wars" fan and was personally involved in getting Lucasfilm on board.

Not surprisingly, family patriarch Peter Griffin will play the role of Han Solo, while mom Lois will appear as Princess Leia. Evil baby Stewie will be Darth Vader, natch.

Brian the family dog will serve as Chewbacca, while son Chris is Luke. Robots R2-D2 and C-3PO will be handled by Cleveland and Quagmire, respectively, while creepy old guy Herbert gets the Obi- Wan character.

The plot of the episode has the Griffin family stuck at home during a blackout. With no TV to entertain them, Peter decides to tell a story --- leading to the "Star Wars" flashback.

Rico

I read about this a few days ago.  Can't wait!

Rico

NOW with VIDEO ---  OMG this is so funny!!!

[youtube=425,350]j-ehLDVoujI[/youtube]

markinro

jedijeff

This was really funny, The whole couch stuff had me laughing, as well Princess trying to record her message on R2

Geekyfanboy

That was awesome.. I was so bummed that I missed this panel..I'm surprised they allowed people to video tape this panel.. most of them banned videos. But good for us!!!

Rico

I doubt it was "officially allowed" Kenny.  :P   So watch it while you can!  At least until the fall premiere of "Family Guy" when they show the entire thing, this coming September.

Geekyfanboy

Yeah I thought the same thing but this person filmed the entire panel and there are other people taking pictures and video of it.. so maybe Seth and Fox didn't care. I know when we saw Robot Chicken panel they said they would remove you from the room if you took a picture with flash or any video tape of any kind. And for the Clone Wars they said they would remove the video tape and destory it if they caught you video taping it. There were tons of people walking around the panels looking for video cameras.

Rico

Yeah, typical con rules.  But in these days of the Internet I am wondering if maybe they need to change that a bit.  Especially since the "Clone Wars" trailer was officially released at the same time.  In any case, I'm just happy to see a preview of what looks to be a very funny show.

Dan M

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

markinro

Well, I was expecting this.  I checked youtube this morning and can't find the video any longer.  :smilie_nono:   :smilie_bleh: