• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Shatner on Piers Morgan

Started by alanp, November 25, 2011, 08:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Anyone see that interview?  Specificly I thought it was interesting when he was asked if any of the jokes on his Comedy Central Roast were overboard.  He said the harshest one was George Takei's closing joke of *bleep* you and the horse you rode in on, because unlike the other mean jokes of the evening, George dislikes him and meant that one.   Any thoughts on that?

Bryancd

That is accurate. George does dislike him. They are AWESOME when on the Howard Stern show at the same time. It's a riot!

Meds

It does seem to me that George is the one who has a serious chip on his shoulder. Ok so they didnt get on years ago but boy come on, get over it George.

http://youtu.be/fTr5SGuS7F8

alanp

I've always read Shatner as a jerk who is quite likable.  I think we all know someone like that, someone with redeeming qualities who force us to respect them and almost forget why we are mad at them.

Bryancd

Apparently during the filming of TOS, Bill was a major scene and dialogue hog. Shocker, right?! ;) James Dohan, Nichelle, and George were often very put off by his overbearing and "I am the star"  attitude. George has always been especially vocal about if for decades.

ChrisMC

Quote from: Bryancd on November 25, 2011, 10:53:53 AM
That is accurate. George does dislike him. They are AWESOME when on the Howard Stern show at the same time. It's a riot!

Yeah, it was funny because George figured he was being duped like he was with Schwarzenegger all those years ago. Shatner was being pretty dismissive of him in a smarmy way. He also blames Shatner for ruinin ghis scene in Star Trek 3 where Sulu gets promoted by doing a crappy performance and the scene got cut.

Leonard Nimoy and Shatner had issues with the scene-stealing thing back in he 60s too, but they were able to somehow become good friends.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

WillEagle

Why can't everybody get along like we do on here. I've read George's book a long time ago and he sure isn't a big fan of William Shatner's.

ElfManDan

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! (just kidding)

turtlesrock

i always thought it was more of a friendly rivalry, like the kind had with siblings or really good friends. there are disagreements from time to time but it all works out in the end.
just a thought.

but really, it all happened a long time ago.

alanp

Any predictions on how George will do on Celebrity Apprentice?