New comic buying

Started by Rico, October 22, 2011, 07:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

So, I'm getting a bit frustrated buying new comics lately.  The only comic store for me is about a 25 min. drive away.  I've been been buying more online, but they seem to be running out of stock quickly - even of new issues.  I use mainly:  http://www.mycomicshop.com  or http://www.tfaw.com   Anyway, if anyone has any good suggestions I'm open to try a new place.

WillEagle

I guess I'm lucky that I have a local comic shop that I can get to in about 5 minutes from work. So I just get them there. He was supposed to be getting Star Trek Magazine for me also but last issue never showed up. I have never tried buying new issues online but i have checked out this site www.comixology.com for news and things.

Rico

I used to work closer to a comic shop and could zip over at lunch on Wednesdays, but that's not the case now.  If I was diligent I could get into preordering them, but I always preferred picking them out on release day each week.  I also miss the store discounts I used to get.  I am noticing that the new DC stuff is showing up digitally a couple weeks later at a discount.  Maybe that's the way to go for those.  But I still really enjoy the feel of a paper comic book in my hands to read.

Jobydrone

Have you seen the new Star Trek/Legion of Superheroes crossover?

"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

WillEagle

Yes! I picked it up! Jeremy, the guy that runs the comic shop, pointed it out to me last week. I believe its supposed to be 6 parts. He also offered me a box of Star Trek figures with some Babylon 5 included for $20! If I didn't like sleeping in my house, instead of the garage, I would have bought them!
And, Rico, I'm like you, I like to feel them in my hands. I'm that way with books too, but I'm trying to get away from that because I have to many boxes of books in my house!

Rico

I read the first issue of that Trek comic.  It was ok.  Sometimes these crossover things are just meant to sell books.  But I'll be picking up the other issues.