NPR's Top 100 Sci-fi & Fantasy Books - Flowchart

Started by spaltor, October 05, 2011, 08:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaltor

I'm sure everyone's seen NPR's list of the Top 100 Science Fiction and Fantasy books.  But how about a little more guidance.  This is an awesome (and hilarious) flow chart.

(Attached, but online here:  http://i.imgur.com/WpdLE.jpg)

Jobydrone

I like it!  And some good suggestions there as well.  They needed to do some quality assurance though, there's actually no way to get to Tolkien's Simmarillion, though anyone who's read it might think that's a good thing  ;)
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

billybob476

Considering I can't even get though LOTR that isn't bad! Still some greet suggestions there (quite a few of which I need to add to my own list).

Jobydrone

"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

What?  No Harlan Ellison??

Actually, it's a pretty good list overall.  I think I've read maybe half of the list or so.

Bromptonboy

Love it!  I ended up at Iain Banks 'Culture' series - which is a favorite of mine.
Pete

turtlesrock

this is going to be useful at the book store. can't wait to read the books on the list!

Feathers

Interesting. My initial run through took me to either the Cuture series, Hitchiker's Guide of Azimov's Foundation books. I wont disagree, I like them all.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.