BSG Helmet by eFx

Started by Rico, September 30, 2011, 03:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

On sale next week.  Pretty hefty price tag.  I'd like to do it, but that's just a bit too rich for my blood right now.

We are pleased to announce that our Colonial Viper Helmet from the classic Battlestar Galactica television series will be available for pre-order starting Tuesday, October 4, 2011 @ 9AM PST. The helmets will also be available through our network of U.S. retailers ONLY. This helmet will NOT be available through our international distributors.

This helmet features:
- Limited to 500 pieces worldwide
- Dual Signature Edition - Richard Hatch & Dirk Benedict
- LED "force field" shield
- Scanned from an original screen used helmet, labeled "Starbuck"*
- Fiberglass and resin construction
- Full lined interior
- eFX hemet base
- Prop Story with interesting insight from Steve Gawley, the model maker who made the original helmet!
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Individually numbered and signed plaque
- Shipping is scheduled to start in December, 2011

DUE TO THE EDITION SIZE OF ONLY 500 PIECES WORLDWIDE, THERE WILL BE STRICT LIMIT OF 2 HELMETS PER PERSON

http://www.efxcollectibles.com/p-123-colonial-viper-helmet-dual-signature-edition.aspx

Bryancd

turtlesrock

if they really worked, then i might be interested. now, not so much. they look cool though.

Bryancd

Quote from: turtlesrock on September 30, 2011, 08:26:38 PM
if they really worked, then i might be interested. now, not so much. they look cool though.

Ummm, they do light up...

jedijeff

I have been waiting for this for quite some time. A bit more then I was hoping for, but I am going to get one. I have been put on a few extra shifts of oncall at work, so hopefully that should help pay for this.

Rico

Quote from: jedijeff on October 01, 2011, 06:26:20 AM
I have been waiting for this for quite some time. A bit more then I was hoping for, but I am going to get one. I have been put on a few extra shifts of oncall at work, so hopefully that should help pay for this.

Cool Jeff.  Please send in a little review and post back here when you get it.  I probably would have done about $400ish - but 600,.......

jedijeff

Sure thing Rico, Sounds like it will be shipping in December, that is a tough month. It has been on my radar for so long, I don't want to pass it up, but agree, I was hoping it would have been more around the 400 range. Just makes me wonder how much the Cylon helmet will be, if they are still working on it.

Bryancd

Now we need to get you a blaster! :) I love mine and I know Rich Coyle is still doing a run.

jedijeff

Yeah, I should really consider getting a blaster. Drop me a PM  Bryan as I would be interested to find out what you paid for yours.

jedijeff

Today my Battlestar Galactica Original Series Viper Helmet came in. I have to say I am very happy with it. It is a simple helmet, but they did a great job on it. I was on the fence for awhile and close to cancelling the order since it was taking so long, but happy to have it now. I got number 126 of 500. It also came with Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedicts Autographs.

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

That's really cool Jeff.  Looks like they did a great job with it.

Bromptonboy

I take my hat off to you.  Very nice.
Pete

Bryancd

GREAT purchase, Jeff. I saw this announced and though it looked beautiful and it came out great. We need a pic of you wearing it! Save up another few hundred and I can hook you up with a Coyle BSG Blaster pulled from an actual stunt gun with sound and lights! :)

M-5