• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Star Wars Blu-Ray Content Discussion

Started by jedijeff, September 20, 2011, 07:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Watching more of the first Bonus disc, I am struck by just how much content Lucas Film must have that we have never and likely won't ever see, especially from the making of the prequels. I am just half way through the featurettes for Ep.II and they literally filmed EVRYTHING being done in front of and behind the camera. I mean they have video of pod racer engines being loaded on a Russian transport, all of the model and maqueete shop archival video and interviews, and new complete and partially complete scenes I have never scene. And there are probably so much more that fans would want to see it's almost impossible to provide it all.

Rico

Bryan - did you know they had webcams up all over the place while filming the prequels?  So, there is TONS of material around for those movies.

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on September 22, 2011, 06:08:08 AM
Bryan - did you know they had webcams up all over the place while filming the prequels?  So, there is TONS of material around for those movies.

Do I know it?! Dude, I was a Hyperspace member for all the filming of EpII just to try and see lightsaber hilts! :)

moyer777

I love how geeky we are here.  It makes me smile.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Meds

Stop it damn you, stop it with your Blue Ray special features talk, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :D

Bryancd

OK, I finished the first Bonus Disc which is archival stuff from the prequels, deleted scenes, interviews, prop and costume gallery and video, and concept art. It's amazing to see how production techniques changed over the course of the three films. The extended Geonosis arena battle is amazing to watch to see how they plan out and render these massive scenes. Now it's on to the OT archives!

Rico

It's Blu-Ray capture time...
(click to enlarge them)

Rico

some more...

Rico

and more...

Rico

I have to say, the color saturation in "A New Hope" (and I'm sure the other films) is pretty intense.  A fair amount over-saturated to my eye vs. the film itself.  And man, that Greedo scene with Han has gotten weird.  It's almost hard to tell now who really shoots first or what happens.

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on September 24, 2011, 09:02:39 AM
that Greedo scene with Han has gotten weird.  It's almost hard to tell now who really shoots first or what happens.

I think that was the point!

jedijeff

So far I have watched 5 of the 6 movies with Revenge of the Sith remaining. Just amazing of all the little details I am picking up. Lots of the back ground characters stand out a lot more. I was watching Attack of the Clones tonight with some friends, and we were commenting on an attractive background character in the scene with Obi-Wan and Dexter Jester we had never noticed before.

I was a bit surprised with TPM that there were still some models built that they used to film with, as for some reason I was thinking they were computer generated. The last ship they built for Blue Screen for a Star Wars movie was a rather bland ship for Chancellor Palpatine, almost felt anti climatic after all the iconic ships in the past.

WillEagle

OK! I really need to get these. I know they will look awesome. And I have seen some of the extra content from tv, but you guys are talking about things I know I haven't seen. If not before maybe I'll get these for Christmas!!

Feathers

If I had them I think is try any get two TVs and run new and old side by side just to play spot the difference for myself. Reading about it just isn't the same!

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Meds

Looking at those pictures Jabba still looks a bit off.