Main Menu

Did you know...

Started by Feathers, May 17, 2011, 12:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M-5

Okay.  I'll stop lurking. :)

ElfManDan

Quote from: Feathers on May 18, 2011, 07:05:06 AM
I'm not particularly complaining about the numbers or looking to change anything since I like the dynamic we have. Watching the gradual growth in members over time has obviously given me a false sense of growth. :)

Well we gain some and we lose some, it seems like we tend to stay about the same for the most part.

ElfManDan

Quote from: M-5 on May 18, 2011, 07:32:41 AM
Okay.  I'll stop lurking. :)

So you're the one setting off the lurker alarms!

Rico

I've discovered over time that being a regular forum member takes a certain kind of person.  And regular, long term forum member an even more unique kind of person.  Many forums have members like ants at a picnic - they come and go quickly.  While here, we have many people that have stuck around for years now.  I've always had friendships like that in real life.  I've known a small group of people a very long time.  Some people tend to have a lot of casual friends.  I've always been more like the 'wolf pack' style - a core group of friends for life.  Anyway, spinning off into tangents.  Last thing I'll say is there are a LOT more people (thousands) that download the podcast each week.  But being a forum member takes someone special.  :)

spaltor

I'm here in bursts.  Oops.  Still trying to be better about that.  But I think most of the "core" group on the TSF forum, I also talk with on Twitter (or the Anomaly forum) quite often.  So, I guess I'm not really a regular yet.  I'm trying!  ;)

QuadShot

spaltor, I'm pretty regular. Been getting lots of fiber lately.

WillEagle

:roflmao
I really enjoy being on here. I hope I add to some of the conversations but I also enjoy the info you guys post on here about science fiction tv, movies, etc. 

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: QuadShot on May 18, 2011, 02:13:36 PM

I slapped my head so hard I think the Russians heard it...

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

turtlesrock

Quote from: Kingisaaclinksr on May 18, 2011, 04:06:27 PM

King
:D i just love puns... supposedly they're a lower form of comedy but i really like them. ;D

ElfManDan

Quote from: turtlesrock on May 18, 2011, 06:50:23 PM
Quote from: Kingisaaclinksr on May 18, 2011, 04:06:27 PM

King
:D i just love puns... supposedly they're a lower form of comedy but i really like them. ;D

I think it's safe to say there's no shortage of pun-age here.

stonut

Ok biting aside, I think you have been watching to much vampire stuff, I can attest to the fact that this is a friendly community. I have only been here a short while but I am loving the interaction with this diverse group. Hopefully we will get a uk meet up. But non the less I am making friends me and Rick now  follow each other on twitter and everyone who posts regularly interacts.
So don't be a lurker be a poster. Or they will bite.