• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Did you know...

Started by Feathers, May 17, 2011, 12:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feathers

... that of the 720 or so members here, at least 420 of them have never posted anything?

For some reason I thought the community was bigger than it actually is I know the core group (which I seem to have inadvertantly joined in the last three years) post more than most, but I hadn't realised the contrast was that stark.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Dangelus

Wow didn't realise we had that many lurkers!

Rico

Yeah, I need to do another purge sometime soon.  I don't mind the non-posters too much but if they haven't even logged in for a long time, I tend to delete them after awhile.

Feathers

Quote from: Rico on May 17, 2011, 05:54:23 AM
Yeah, I need to do another purge sometime soon.  I don't mind the non-posters too much but if they haven't even logged in for a long time, I tend to delete them after awhile.

That's the way I think of it too (I've admin'd other forums that way).

The chances are that even if they do come back they'll have forgotten they've ever been here before.

billybob476

Despite what the total numbers look like I'm glad we have our little core group here day to day.

That being said: Hey lurkers! Post! We're friendly!

turtlesrock

we won't bite! and even if you think that what you say doesn't add to the conversation we still want to hear from you!

Feathers

Quote from: turtlesrock on May 17, 2011, 06:05:56 AM
we won't bite! and even if you think that what you say doesn't add to the conversation we still want to hear from you!

Absolutely. I've failed to add to the conversation through posting nearly 3600 times at the moment :D

billybob476

Quote from: Feathers on May 17, 2011, 08:14:45 AM

Absolutely. I've failed to add to the conversation through posting nearly 3600 times at the moment :D

Yet we are still glad to have you around! :D

QuadShot

Speak for yourself. I fully intend on biting as often as possible! :)

KingIsaacLinksr

Really though, we do have a fairly active and numerous amount of members.  There are a lot of forums where it feels like a very small group ever participates and the rest just lurk. 

Happy you guys are here :)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

turtlesrock

Quote from: QuadShot on May 17, 2011, 08:18:01 AM

Speak for yourself. I fully intend on biting as often as possible! :)

now now Quadshot, i think you know better ;)

Bryancd

...I just nibble a bit...

Geekyfanboy

This forum has always been that way.. from the very beginning we always had a small group.. I'd say about 20 or so folks who would post all the time and then another 20 that would post once  in a while... We (us long time forum members) could normally tell which noobs would stick around for the long haul. Most say hi and then drift away.. but occasionally we get one who joins our little family.

I actually like the smaller group.

ElfManDan

I remember people who've come, stuck around a little while, and then disappeared. And some who show up occasionally. I do like the smaller group, but I wouldn't mind it bigger, but we wouldn't know everybody as well in a bigger group.

Feathers

I'm not particularly complaining about the numbers or looking to change anything since I like the dynamic we have. Watching the gradual growth in members over time has obviously given me a false sense of growth. :)