• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Greetings All!

Started by Chrystabel, August 28, 2006, 12:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystabel

I only recently discovered this podcast, and I'm really glad I did!  I've been immersed in Star Trek this summer while working on the web copy and blog for the Planet Xpo show in Seattle.  Check out the blog at http://startrek40.blogspot.com/; I have about 10 more days to fill and am looking for fans to write about how ST has influenced their lives. 

In addition to ST, my other passion is Shakespeare!  I'm really excited to be seeing Patrick Stewart in Antony and Cleopatra and The Tempest in Ann Arbor this November!  Talk about geek heaven! 
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.

Rico

Welcome Chrystabel.  Glad to have you here.  I'd be happy to contribute to your blogging efforts.  Just let me know how to submit a story.

P.S.  Do you have the info on Patrick Stewarts performances in Ann Arbor?  Or a web site link?  I live near there and would love to see him do some Shakespeare.

Elizur

uh......wow.  Captain Picard looks funny.

That might be a good sig avatar, I'm thinking.

And welcome, Chrystabel!  Good to have you.

Chrystabel

Rico, I would love for you to submit something for the blog!  Check out what I've currently put up at http://startrek40.blogspot.com/ and then send your entry to me at startrek@shakespearehigh.com.  I have 7 more days to cover and then will be posting the entry submitted by Arthur C. Clarke!  I'm still waiting to hear from Walter Koenig, so I may only have 6 days.  Either way, I would love for you to submit something!

Yes, I can't wait to see Patrick Stewart as Antony.  He played an amazing Enobarbus in the 1974 TV version, which you can see on video, so it will be great to see his take on the title role.  I'm not as excited about The Tempest, which is too bad.  I've always wanted to see him play Prospero, but I think the director really screwed up the concept for the production.  Patrick's fan club gets to meet with him on the Sunday before his final matinee, so it will be interesting to hear what he has to say about the show. 

Rico

I will send you something very soon Chrystabel.  Thanks.

Picard_delta_5

welcome aboard, glad ur enjoying rico's podcast...

btw, that xpo planet is a really cool website...
Star Trek Will Rise Again

Riskygodfather

Sorry its a little late, but welcome to the forums, you'll love it here
"Do a barrel roll" - Peppy, StarFox 64
"Coincidence... I think NOT!" - Bear, Polkadot Shorts
"If at first you don't succeed... you fail" -Portal preview

Admiral Anthony Out

De

We have a bit of a celebrity in our midst.  Chrystabel appeared in the Star Trek: Enterprise episode "Zero Hour."  I thought your real name sounded familiar.  It didn't dawn on me until a little bit ago that you were one of the contest winners mentioned in a Startrek.com article a couple of years ago.

Welcome aboard :)

Fanboy

That's cool!  On Enterprise and all that.  Welcome C.  ;)
"I aim to misbehave."

Chrystabel

Thanks for the great welcome!

Captain BJ Wanlund

I wanted to extend a belated welcome to Crystabel/Amy Ulen.

I am also (get this) a big fan of Shakespeare.  Frankly, I got the Olde English language right away.  I was the only person in my classes to get the Shakespeare bug...

Strange how that works...

I'm not sure how to get into Shakespeare, but I guess you know some people who might be willing to give a budding actor a try...although the comedies are more my style...

BJ
Love Star Trek TOS & TNG (never really got into DS9, Voyager, or Enterprise).  Also love Star Wars (everything save for the prequels...), and Indiana Jones, and ElfQuest, basically anything remotely SF or fantasy is my bag, tho I tend more towards SF than I do fantasy.

Chrystabel

BJ, check out my website at http://www.shakespearehigh.com/ ; there are a lot of members who would love to discuss Shakespeare with you.  You might want to check your local community theatre scene because most companies produce a Shakespeare play at least every other year.  My hometown does at least two a year; I was lucky enough to be in The Merchant of Venice this past summer.

Break a leg!

Captain BJ Wanlund

I have been checking it out, so I'll see what I can do!

BJ
Love Star Trek TOS & TNG (never really got into DS9, Voyager, or Enterprise).  Also love Star Wars (everything save for the prequels...), and Indiana Jones, and ElfQuest, basically anything remotely SF or fantasy is my bag, tho I tend more towards SF than I do fantasy.

Jobydrone

Hey BJ, are you the same BJ Wanlund with such a presence over at Monroe World?  I just started checking out those forums again after years and years of being away and you seem to post alot over there.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx