• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Charlie Sheen...

Started by Rico, March 06, 2011, 03:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

I doubt he is that happy, he has lost his kids , been divorced many times, arrested, fired, wasted. Without someone to share his money and wealth with, a person who really cares about him, what does he really have and will he be truly happy when the dust settles on this mess.

I really don't see much in his life for him to be truly happy about now, and allot of this mess is because of the money and bad decisions he made. Sure in some cases money can make your life easier, but if you don't cherish anything else but the mighty dollar, in the end, is it really worth it, without family and friends. Somehow I think the price is just too high.

jedijeff

I watched his 20/20 interview last week, and for a guy who is 3 years older then me, he looks like a man in his 60's. I saw some video this morning of some web show of his rants, again, he looked terrible, and what he was saying made no sense. I had to turn it off after about a minute as I found it to disturbing, so if that is entertainment, I have to this it has a limited appeal. Usually people play exaggerated characters of themselves on TV, but in Charlies case, his Character on Two and Half Men seems like a way toned down Charlie Sheen.

The 20/20 Interview, every time he talked of his house of love, just made the word Love sound really creepy to me. Charlie Sheen has done some great movies in the past, pity he let excessive lifestyle lead it to this point. If any of us went on like he did to our employers, we would be fired, so goes to show no one is immune to getting fired regardless of who they are.

moyer777

Quote from: Bryancd on March 07, 2011, 04:17:36 PM
Quote from: X on March 07, 2011, 04:10:58 PM
I'm pretty sure that when you're rich and sad, it's still a lot better than being poor and sad.

Oh, that one strikes close to home and is so far OT I won't go into it, but I have certainly seen the opposite, trust me on this one.

I bet you see a lot of stuff in your line of work that most people don't.  Are the rich happier Bryan?

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Bryancd

Quote from: moyer777 on March 08, 2011, 11:41:24 AM
Quote from: Bryancd on March 07, 2011, 04:17:36 PM
Quote from: X on March 07, 2011, 04:10:58 PM
I'm pretty sure that when you're rich and sad, it's still a lot better than being poor and sad.

Oh, that one strikes close to home and is so far OT I won't go into it, but I have certainly seen the opposite, trust me on this one.

I bet you see a lot of stuff in your line of work that most people don't.  Are the rich happier Bryan?

Depends....just like everyone else. I know is very content wealthy people and some who are very unhappy and never satisfied. I've seen families ripped apart when it seemed they had everything. And mostly that's from my childhood. I can say money in my family has provided many blessings and many curses. At the end of the day, most of us agree we would rather have had less but been happier.

Rico

Well, I'm happy to see that even my peeps of Detroit still have some taste as they booed Charlie Sheen off stage last night at the opening of his live show here.  Love it!

Actor Charlie Sheen was booed off stage by fans on the first night of his Violent Torpedo Of Truth: Defeat Is Not An Option one-man show in Detroit.

The former Two And A Half Men star had initially been greeted with rapturous applause, but fans reportedly began to walk out within 15 minutes.

Sheen had promised to tell "the real story", but critics said he instead gave "a series of nonsensical rants".

The show ended after an hour when Sheen failed to return after a musical break.

Entertainment Weekly described the show as an "unmitigated disaster".

"The padded and disjointed show was a hodgepodge of video clips and Sheen-isms that felt hastily assembled and misjudged the patience of even the hardest of hardcore fans," it said.

The Hollywood Reporter said: "Call it 'tiger blood' or 'Adonis DNA' if you will. Just don't call it entertainment."

Sheen opened with a monologue saying: "I am finally here to identify and train the Vatican assassin locked inside each and every one of you."
Fans at Charlie Sheen's live show Unhappy fans walked out of Sheen's show early

After talking about his "napalm dripping brain" and describing himself as "a giant and leaky bag of mayhem", he added: "Is anybody else as confused by this as I am?"

He also showed film clips including one he wrote, produced and directed entitled RPG, but was abruptly halted after more booing from the audience.

The 45-year-old responded to one heckle by saying: "I already got your money, dude."

He later told the crowd the show was "an experiment" adding: "You paid your hard-earned money without knowing what this show was about."

Fans walked out chanting "Refund!" and were quick to express their disappointment outside.

"I was hoping for something. I didn't think it would be this bad," said Linda Fugate from Detroit, who said she paid $150 (£93) for two tickets.

"I expected him to at least entertain a little bit. It was just a bunch of ranting," said Rodney Gagnon, who travelled from Ontario in Canada for the show.

Others blamed the audience: "I thought it was good. It was what I expected," Lori Caputo of Battle Creek, Michigan, told USA Today.

"I was disappointed in everybody booing."

The Detroit performance was the first of 22 sold-out planned shows in 20 US and Canadian cities.

Sheen's publicist Larry Solters declined to comment after the show.

Sheen was fired from hit comedy Two and A Half Men last month amid a frenzy of US media reports on his controversial personal life.

Meanwhile, Martin Sheen has spoken to the BBC about the "roller coaster ride" his family have experienced in trying to support his son.

"Charlie is dealing with the most profound problems and addiction - there's no secret, his behaviour has been an example of that," he told Kirsty Young on Radio 4's Desert Island Discs.

P.S.  Oh, it's also been reported that scalpers bought up a lot of the tickets for these shows which is why they sold out so quickly but are having a very hard time selling them off - even at face value.

Feathers

As much as anything, I'm amused that 'Desert Island Discs' becomes a source of newsworthy qoutes in these situations!

I would have though expexting the unexpected would have been the best policy for a show like this.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bromptonboy

I hope he gets the help he needs before it is too late.  Unlikely with media-vultures egging him on.
Pete

Rico

Bye, bye Charlie.  CBS has hired your replacement at a cool $1,000,000 per episode!

I don't think anyone saw this coming. In a late night, last minute deal, and just in time for CBS upfronts next week, Two and a Half Men snagged Ashton Kutcher to fill the gaping, drunken, womanizing hole left by Charlie Sheen. Yeah, big time movie star Kutcher is going the network TV route. Dude, isn't that were you started (on That 70s Show)? Why are you going back? Oh, they're paying $1 million an episode? Oh, well that makes sense.

We're not sure what Kutcher's role will be, but we do know it's a brand new one. Don't worry Men fans, they're not actually replacing Charlie, just adding someone in to offset the off-kilter dynamic now that he's gone. The thing that's rather brilliant about this is that they'll probably snag even more viewers with this switch. The show is already beloved and now, with the Kutcher addition, I think it's safe to say we'll see a few more viewers flocking to that Monday night time slot. Hell, I can't usually sit through an entire Two and a Half Men episode, but I sure love me some Ashton. He's infinitely likable on all fronts and I can't see any way this won't be good for CBS.

Apparently, Charlie Sheen going bananas and pulling the rug out from under Chuck Lorre and friends was the best thing that ever happened to them. Suck on that, Warlock.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Ashton_Kutcher_Joins_Two_and_a_Half_Men/7793598

X

Off the top of my head, I'd say he'd play the son of Charlie's character.  That character dies and leave the house to an illegitimate son that has to share the house with his uncle and cousin. He'll be a womanize like his father but also serve in the role of big bro to his cousin.

At least that's how I think chuck would do it. A final screw you to charlie by killing off the character and making a younger better version of him. 

QuadShot

X, I like that idea, and I like the insult to Sheen! But...don't you think Ashton may be a little old to be Charlies son? It'd be close, huh? I guess since Charlie has been "active" for a LONG time, it could be possible...

X

Quote from: QuadShot on May 13, 2011, 10:05:04 AM
X, I like that idea, and I like the insult to Sheen! But...don't you think Ashton may be a little old to be Charlies son? It'd be close, huh? I guess since Charlie has been "active" for a LONG time, it could be possible...
If we use real world as a guide and add 3 years to sheen and subtract 3 from kutcher like they can do in film (sometimes even more), it could work.

QuadShot

True. I guess if Sean Connery can be Harrison Ford's dad...:)

Meds

You know that had Hugh Grant signed up buthe changed his mind last minute.

QuadShot

Meds, from what I understand, they offered much less than a million USD per episode and he turned it down...