• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

The Office

Started by Rico, August 21, 2006, 10:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

My son and I have started to watch the British version of this show.  It's pretty funny.  I only have seen the US version once or twice - how do they compare?  Some of the British humor is pretty fast and subtle sometimes so I was thinking of giving the US version more of a try.  The lead Brit guy Ricky Gervais is hilarious!    :roflmao

Chief

I am a big fan of the brit Office. Haven't seen the American version yet, but man, Ricky Gervais is easily  my top comedian now a days.

Rico, I strongly sugest you listen to his podcast. You have to pay now, but the first season is all free and you need to listen to it. You'll laugh like mad.

"The Needs Of The Many, Out Weigh The Needs Of The Few, Or The One..."
Mr. Spock

Yeoman Mara

I have seen some of this show as well.  Funny stuff and so is the American version.
A redhead with a lightsaber is a dangerous combination!

duken

didnt steve carrell when any emmy for best comedian?

CptPikeRulz

I have the DVDs for all of the British version... Awesome, especially if you like monty python type humor.  The american version is as good if not better. Steve Carrell makes the show.  Its like they took the best of the movie office space and combined ity with brit version to make it even better. I was worried becuase they really did an aweful job when they tried to make an american version of Coupling which was a great british comedy that I also have the dvds for....

Trekkygeek

Being a Brit, we see Ricky Gervais all the time. The American version was okay but the lead actor didn't have the same charisma. If you like Ricky Gervais, try and catch his new show Extras. Very dry and funny. It's into its second series over here now. Enjoy folks.
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

davekill

A good series that is getting better with each season. Can't wait to see Steve Carrell reprise Don Adam's role in "Get Smart"

Duffster

I love the British version. They way Ricky protrayed the boss character was just fantastic. I agree that Extras is also an AWESOME show, I really loved the episode that had Daniel Radcliffe in it...funny funny stuff.

"Are you havin a laugh????"

That being said I really like the american version also, but not as much. I just love British comedies though... something about growing up on Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, The Good Neighbors and such.
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com