• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Transformers: Prime - The Animated Series

Started by KingIsaacLinksr, February 16, 2011, 12:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingIsaacLinksr

So while going through my Apple emails, I noticed that the first episode of an Animated TV series was available for free, Transformers: Prime.  Anyone else see this?  The animation takes a lot of cues from Star Wars The Clone Wars.  They also got the original Optimus Prime actor to voice himself again and the actor for Weyoun from DS9 to play one of the autobots.  Didn't recognize any of the other voice actors yet.  While I enjoyed this episode more than the very meh G.I.Joe episode also available and there is certainly a lot of promise for the series, I see a few possible problems. 

Its made for kids.  Unlike the Clone Wars who's writing is aimed more at everyone, this one is distinctly made to be consumed by 6-12 year olds.  And already I can sense one of the main human leads is likely to get very annoying fast.  Very-hyper-bad-dialogue type.  Overall the dialogue is good, if weakened by bad quotes and other little things to make it appropriate for kids. 

Animation.  For as good as the animation, it is also weak in many ways.  Everything feels very sparse.  Maybe that's just me though. 

Despite that, it has strong points:

Characters are interesting
Animation of the autobots is very strong.  Transforming seems well done and the action is good too. 
Seems to be following the general idea of Transformer's universe. 
Has soul to it. 

What's also interesting is what happens in the first 5mins.  I won't spoil it, but I've never seen a modern animated series made in the US do that so quickly.   

Not sure if I'll watch it or not, but I thought I'd throw this your guy's way.  I'm still not sure about it, going back and forth on it.  It is not available on Hulu.com or the Main Website I'm afraid.  The first episode (part 1 only, not part 2) is available on iTunes for free, the rest of the series costs $1.99/episode or $.99 to rent. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Dangelus

Hmmm might check this out. Should still be entertaining to us, afterall the original Transformers animated series was aim at kids wasn't it?