• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

RandyDeluxe leaving The Instance

Started by billybob476, January 31, 2011, 11:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

Hey all, for those of us WoW folks that listen to The Instance, Scott and Randy announced on this week's show that next week will be Randy's last episode as co-host. Randy has been out of a job for quite awhile now and has recently found some employment which puts his participation in the show in professional conflict with his new job.

Scott has said that he has things in place to replace Randy but no news will be disclosed until the episode after Randy leaves.

This is shocking news to many Instance fans. I'm sad he's going but happy for his new opportunity.

Scott and Randy have asked for comments from the listeners for next week's show reminiscing and wishing Randy luck.

Rico

Yeah, I knew Randy had been looking for work for awhile.  Did he finally move back to Canada and leave Hawaii?  I know how much time a podcast can eat up and that particular podcast also meant LOTS of game time too.  I'll try and make sure and record an audio comment and send it in to Scott.

billybob476

Randy's been back in Canada for awhile. They don't release much info on the show but Randy mentioned he and his family would be moving a thousand miles away. The implication is he's returning to the states for this.

Rico

I'm happy for him.  Going to miss the rapport he and Scott have.

billybob476

The good news is he's only leaving The Instance, he'll remain on Film Sack and mentioned this would free him up to do some other stuff in the podcasting world. The job only stops him from discussing WoW.

Rico

What?!?  Stops him from discussing WOW?  Oh, I sort of glossed over that part.  Gee - I wonder if he parlayed this into working for Blizzard - or another game company?

billybob476

There's definitely some speculation in that regard. I'm sure Randy will release info when if/when he can.

Rico

If he ends up at Blizzard that would be two from "The Instance" to go work for them (counting Patrick).  I think it would be great for Blizzard to scoop up Randy. 

P.S.  Note to self - send that email to Abrams.   :)

Feathers

Quote from: Rico on January 31, 2011, 12:14:51 PM
P.S.  Note to self - send that email to Abrams.   :)

What??? You want a job that will stop you discussing Trek (outside of work)?

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Jobydrone

I heard your comment on Randy's last show, Joe. Thought it was funny that he didn't get the reference of your character name, it sounded like he might have thought it was scatological. Nice comment though.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

billybob476

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on February 17, 2011, 01:36:44 PM
I heard your comment on Randy's last show, Joe. Thought it was funny that he didn't get the reference of your character name, it sounded like he might have thought it was scatological. Nice comment though.

For some reason that seems to be the more common interpretation of my name. A year or two back Scott was doing WoW toon sketches for 10 bucks. On mine his comment was "This guy really is the shat!"

People's minds really are in the gutter!

But yeah, it was funny to hear Randy go "What?!" during my call. :)

Rico

Well, there is quite a bit of poopy and bodily humor on Scott's shows.  ;)

P.S.  Did we ever learn where Randy's new job is at?  Blizzard??

billybob476

He started last week, we've been told we'll get more info once he's settled in.

Rico

It seems like it has to be Blizzard.  I mean just another game company wouldn't be nearly as big a deal - right?

billybob476

It seems like that would be the case but I guess at the end of the day it could be any game company. Curt Schilling's 38 Studios has been hiring pretty intensely the last month or so so that's another possibility.