• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

"Star Wars" movies in 1080p

Started by Rico, January 08, 2011, 09:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Getting excited for the Blu-Ray release later this year.  So I fired up a 1080 digital version I have of Empire.  Grabbed some more snaps off it.  Looks awesome!

Rico

A few more pics.  Make sure to click them to make them full size. 

moyer777

so incredible looking!  What was the estimated time of release on the Blu Rays?

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Jobydrone

September I believe, I'm too lazy to google right now as well ;)
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Yep - September.  I don't think an exact date is out there yet.  Watching Empire and grabbing some stills again made me realize what an awesome movie it is (not that I forgot).  :)

Bryancd

Amazing, pre ordered mine at Amazon the other day.

Meds

I still don't own a Blue Ray player but it's looking like I will have one by September. That does mean though that I'd I buy these I will have two different video sets, two different DVD sets and then a Blue Ray Set. I may need another room lol

KingIsaacLinksr

Too bad my Blue-Ray budget is nonexistent, I'd soooo get this box set :)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

X

I was watching attack of the clones on spike a few weeks ago and I was seriously not impressed with it. For some reason the Arena battle scene looked too fake that it took me out of the movie. While I really like green screen tech when done right, I think there was way to much it in and all the need for imagination made the Jedi look slow and stiff. Or maybe it was because the shadows were wrong and the interaction between the ground was off. I don't know, but I was seriously unimpressed.

Bryancd

I think the OT gets the biggest bang for the buck in HD.

jedijeff

Pic's like this really have me excited for this Blu-Ray set.

Meds

Yeah i mean who the original three will be top notch but the new ones, meh i couldnt care less about them.

I was watching LOTR the other day on DVD and the effects of that still look amazing, ok iin the fellowship there is a bit of dodgy effects with them walking through the Dwarf underground but  Golum in the towers and King is just brilliant. I seriously hope Lucas does look at those and learn.

wraith1701

Sweet screen caps.  I think I've found my new desktop background. :)

Geekyfanboy

Nice shots.. can't wait for the Blu-Ray

wraith1701

Quote from: X on January 09, 2011, 10:00:36 AM
I was watching attack of the clones on spike a few weeks ago and I was seriously not impressed with it. For some reason the Arena battle scene looked too fake that it took me out of the movie. While I really like green screen tech when done right, I think there was way to much it in and all the need for imagination made the Jedi look slow and stiff. Or maybe it was because the shadows were wrong and the interaction between the ground was off. I don't know, but I was seriously unimpressed.

Man, I agree!  Digital is a powerful tool, but it was seriously over-used in Episode II.

Quote from: Bryancd on January 09, 2011, 10:07:38 AM
I think the OT gets the biggest bang for the buck in HD.

Exactly.  The actual location shots and physical sets used in the OT look more real because, well, they are.  I'm guessing they will look incredible in HD. :) 

By the same token, HD might make some of the CG/blue screen work in the prequels look even more unreal.  Of course, with technology advancing like it is, perhaps Lucasfilm now has the ability to further tweak the prequels, making the CG stuff look more 'real-life'. 

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on January 09, 2011, 11:01:53 AM
Yeah i mean who the original three will be top notch but the new ones, meh i couldnt care less about them.

I was watching LOTR the other day on DVD and the effects of that still look amazing, ok iin the fellowship there is a bit of dodgy effects with them walking through the Dwarf underground but  Golum in the towers and King is just brilliant. I seriously hope Lucas does look at those and learn.

Ditto, Meds.  To me, one of the most amazing things about the LOTR films is the setting.  Jackson actually took the trouble to scout out real locations that had the right look, much like Lucas did when he filmed the OT. :)

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on January 10, 2011, 03:29:36 PM
Nice shots.. can't wait for the Blu-Ray

Same here, man. :)