News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Trekker in Tokyo

Started by Danieru_x, January 06, 2011, 07:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danieru_x

Hi all,
My name is Daniel, I began listening to the podcast for about a month or so and loving every minute of it. I listen to it on my commutes to work, otherwise I am usually watching some form of star trek on my ipod walking through the busy stations of Tokyo. I was curious how many other members are in the Japan region. I'd love to hear from ya.

Thanks guys, I hope to contribute to your forum.

Dan

davekill

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

Welcome Dan.. thanks for joining our little cyber geeky family..

M-5

Welcome aboard, Danieru_X! :cheers

Bromptonboy

Pete

Feathers

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bryancd

Rico

Welcome Dan.  Are you in Japan on business or is that your home?

Danieru_x

Long story short, I am here on business, on a 3 year working visa now and plan to stay for a while as I am now living with my girlfriend here and have pretty much settled down to Tokyo life. Much different from my Australian life (hailing from Brisbane for any aussies out there). I work for a recruiting agency in the marketing department. Nice work but good to get out on the town. If anyone has questions about Japan I would be more than happy to help answer them.

My newest collegue at work in the IT division is actually a trek fan aswell and told me about how popular star trek is in the otaku (geek) community in Japan, however when visiting Akihabara (anime/game mecca of the world) it was very difficult to find anything Star trek. I found mostly local products (which is expected mainly battlestar yamamoto, gundam, etc), but I did find some old TNG and TOS action figurines in a shop. 

Feathers

I hope things are OK in your little bit of Japan following the recent disastrous events.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Meds

Yeah, hope all is ok with you, drop a post so we know you are ok.

Rico

I just sent Dan an email asking how is doing there.  Hope all is ok.

Danieru_x

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to let you know I am safe and sound as I left Japan before any earthquakes occured as I am now on holidays back in my hometown Brisbane Australia. My thoughts are with my girlfriend and other friends who continue to live in Tokyo and affected areas. I just pray that things dont get worse. Thanks again guys for checking up on me.
-Daniel

Bryancd