• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

This amuses me...

Started by Rico, December 05, 2010, 10:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Got this email today.  Pretty bogus, but funny too!   :roflmao

Dear Manager:

This email is from China domain name registration center, which mainly deal with the domain name registration and dispute internationally in China and Asia.
On December.1st,2010, We received HAITONG  company's application that they are registering the name " treksinscifi " as their Internet Keyword and " treksinscifi .cn "、" treksinscifi .com.cn " 、" treksinscifi .asia "domain names etc..,It is China and ASIA domain names.But after auditing we found the brand name been used by your company. As the domain name registrar in China, it is our duty to notice you, so I am sending you this Email to check.According to the principle in China,your company is the owner of the trademark,In our auditing time we can keep the domain names safe for you firstly, but our audit period is limited, if you object the third party application these domain names and need to protect the brand in china and Asia by yourself, please let the responsible officer contact us as soon as possible. Thank you!

Best regards,

John
Oversea marketing manager
Tel:+86(0)21 6191 8696
Fax:+86(0)21 6191 8697
web:www.ygnetwork.com.cn

Blackride

lol did you give "John" a call?
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Rico

Quote from: Blackride on December 05, 2010, 10:10:10 AM
lol did you give "John" a call?

Oh, sure!  I want to help him with his English too!  ;)

Blackride

but John should be American!
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Feathers

Well it's good that he wants to "notice" you. We all need a bit of attention from time to time :)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: moyer777 on December 05, 2010, 02:21:32 PM
Face in Palm.

Palm is getting some FaceTime. 

Sorry, had to do it :D

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Bromptonboy

Pete

Dangelus

Hilarious! It doesn't even ask for money so what's the point?

Feathers

I'm sure 'John' will be asking for money for the domains when contacted.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Quote from: Feathers on December 06, 2010, 12:04:27 AM
I'm sure 'John' will be asking for money for the domains when contacted.

"John" is going to be waiting a long time.

billybob476

Maybe you can pay him in WoW gold :)

Dangelus

Ah very clever! Basically he is offering you those domains for sale in a roundabout way by telling you somebody else wants them.

Personally I am looking forward to the first episode of the 'Treks In Sci-Fi - China' podcast!  ;)

QuadShot

I know it's only "human" that there are IDIOTS like this that attempt to prey on others. I get this crap all the time, including some very illeterite (:)) folks who send me (no lie) between 2-5 emails daily claiming to be from COX.NET (our internet provider) telling us that..."Our webmail Server is Currently Congested. So We Are Deleting Unwanted Accounts. Please Verify That This Account Must to be Active by verify ing IT below: Enter logon Name, Password, Birthday and residents". And this is the most well written one we've gotten! It amuses us, even makes me go...REALLY?! But what concerns me is that how many (elderly especially) fall for this? In the words of my buddy Kenny...People Suck! Why can't people just NOT try to screw over others? Hmmm.... :)

Bromptonboy

Check out some of the 'scambaiters' who prey on the preyers:
http://www.419eater.com/

Pete