• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

"Transformers: Dark of the Moon"

Started by Rico, December 01, 2010, 05:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Popcorn movies, but I still enjoyed the first two.  Bring on number 3!

Michael Bay's third installment, starring Shia LaBeouf, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Kevin Dunn, Julie White, Frances McDormand, John Malkovich, Ken Jeong, Patrick Dempsey, Alan Tudyk and John Turturro, opens in 3D, 2D and IMAX 3D on July 1, 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebb2MLasFSo#

Geekyfanboy

Is that the title.. I don't think I ever heard that... Dark of the Moon?? gotta get use to that.

Rico

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on December 01, 2010, 05:36:09 PM
Is that the title.. I don't think I ever heard that... Dark of the Moon?? gotta get use to that.

Yep, that's the title.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1399103/

Blackride

Should have stopped with the 1st one. I was pleasantly surprised with it. The 2nd one was horrid. Growing up with the Transformers I had high hopes just like GI JOE.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

KingIsaacLinksr

I can't stand watching any of them, I will likely watch this one, but it is not a must have for my DVD list.  

And of course, Humans are the A-Story again, not the B-Story...one day....one day...

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

loutzee

dark side of the moon=pink floyd ,that what I think of .
"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."

QuadShot

Transformers movies are ok. I enjoy them for what they are: mindless action to enjoy! I don't look to these, or these types of movies, for any real deep content or expect to leave the theater being deeply moved on any level at all. It's obvious that SOME like these movies, if they're making enough money to warrant a 3rd installment. I agree with King though, I'd like a little less human driven story and more Transformer. For the record, I thought the 2nd movie could have done without Megan Fox (gasp from all the hormonally overactive young men). I really don't think she can act worth a damn, and honestly, she's not THAT good looking to make up for it. In my humble, married opinion. :)
I imagine the title (Dark of the Moon) comes from the suggestion that they have been hiding on the dark side of the moon for a LONG time. Probably originally wanted to name it Dark Side Of The Moon, but had some issue with Pink Floyd?

Bryancd

I actually liked the second one more than the first, but that's not saying much. There is no such thing as a "popcorn movie" in my world, it's just a waste of time and $9.

QuadShot

Oh...popCORN..hmm, totally read something else :)

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Bryancd on December 02, 2010, 09:19:57 AM
I actually liked the second one more than the first, but that's not saying much. There is no such thing as a "popcorn movie" in my world, it's just a waste of time and $9.

I love popcorn movies.. those are some of my favorites and well worth my time and money.

Blackride

There is no such thing as a "popcorn movie" in my world, it's just a waste of time and $9.

Amen to that!
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

X

I hate popcorn. I hate the taste of it. The smell of it. All things popcorn. However. I think that there is something to be said about a movie where you can just check your brain out of it and revert to the little kids that likes the loud noises and the big explosions. I don't see them as popcorn movies, but more reality palate cleansers.

Sometimes I want to go two hours without having to think and just watch the pretty colors.

Rico

Here's an on set pick showing the new female lead (Rosie Huntington-Whiteley) with Shia.

Bryancd

Quote from: X on December 02, 2010, 02:37:00 PM
Sometimes I want to go two hours without having to think and just watch the pretty colors.

I call that a 40 mile bike ride. And for the record, I love movie theater popcorn with that nasty fake butter! :)
I actually enjoy going to the movies, a lot, but I just don't go ver often, so I hate to waste a trip on something that can be DVD'ed. I'm super excited for Tron in 3D, but I don't look at going to the movies as a weekly form of recreation, thus my dislike and critical view of a lot of movies nowadays.

X

Quote from: Bryancd on December 02, 2010, 03:30:52 PM
Quote from: X on December 02, 2010, 02:37:00 PM

I call that a 40 mile bike ride. And for the record, I love movie theater popcorn with that nasty fake butter! :)
I actually enjoy going to the movies, a lot, but I just don't go ver often, so I hate to waste a trip on something that can be DVD'ed. I'm super excited for Tron in 3D, but I don't look at going to the movies as a weekly form of recreation, thus my dislike and critical view of a lot of movies nowadays.
I was thinking about you when I learned about something today. Would you ever the Trans europe foot race? I think you could do it and it's only 4487 kilometers.

http://www.transeurope-footrace.org/tel_09/index.php?lan=en&page=Startseite&content=Anfang