• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Star Wars Fan Film: Will of the Force, Part 1

Started by Rico, November 28, 2010, 02:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

KingIsaacLinksr

I went a big meh 3.39mins into this.  The actors look and sound bored, the effects are ok, but the script is terrible, it has no Star Wars feeling to it.  I don't care if its fan made, that doesn't excuse terrible acting. 

0 Stars.  

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

QuadShot

OMG...I have to agree with King on this one. I love that fans make films, but...man. The actors and the writing WOW...it's like, a Twilight version of Star Wars! WAY too much angst. The acting is REALLY bad, the action/fighting sequences are a joke. If they were going to go to the trouble of making a film, get real actors. And the female with the "Where's Waldo" hat...should just STOP. She is THE worst in this film. I applaud the attempt, but come on...I was half expecting the cast of the old 90210 to show up! On my scale of 1-5, I give this a...well...nothing! Of course, this is my opinion, and I don't expect anyone to agree...

Bryancd

I think the VAST majority of fan films are crap.

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on November 28, 2010, 04:14:05 PM
I think the VAST majority of fan films are crap.

Don't know if I'd agree with that, but this one isn't that good.  Just thought I'd post it to show as a comparison to others.

QuadShot

Nice Rico! We do get spoiled at times, don't we? :) But you're right, we shouldn't only highlight the really good ones.

Bryancd

No, there are a few good ones, but just because it's a fan film doesn't give it a pass on not being fun to watch. If it sucks, it ucks, no matter the good intentions of the creators. They are making entertainment, if it doesn't entertain me, I on't feel obligated to support it just because .

QuadShot

Rico

I don't think anyone was giving this film "a pass" just because it's a fan film.  There are many fan films that have entertained me in Trek and Star Wars.  I've done two vidcasts on the subject.  This fan film isn't one of them.  Again, I wanted to point out how this looks compared to what the New Voyages guys do, for example.

Bryancd

I'm just speaking in very general terms, not this one in particular. I think New Voyages/Exeter are ok, the production value far exceeds the writting/acting, though, IMO. When I say "a pass" I'm referring to the position of some in fandom that just because it's a Star Trek or Star Wars themed production, we as fans should support it regardless of our personal feeling about the content. I just don't really like the vast majority of these efforts. Doesn't mean I'm not impressed with the attempt, but I just find them unwatchable.

X

Quote from: Bryancd on November 29, 2010, 06:12:27 AM
I'm just speaking in very general terms, not this one in particular. I think New Voyages/Exeter are ok, the production value far exceeds the writting/acting, though, IMO. When I say "a pass" I'm referring to the position of some in fandom that just because it's a Star Trek or Star Wars themed production, we as fans should support it regardless of our personal feeling about the content. I just don't really like the vast majority of these efforts. Doesn't mean I'm not impressed with the attempt, but I just find them unwatchable.
I agree. A for effort does not equal T for tolerable. However, I did find it humorous that the dialog was better than some of the original star wars dialog, which Harrison Ford pointed out wasn't the best in the world. The acting was unwatchable and the twilek was more like a vulcan trying to do drama without any context of emotion.

Dangelus

It's hilariously BAD!

Were these guys stoned when they filmed this? Lol

The SFX are pretty good for a fan film though.