Hi, my name is Bryan, and I'm addicted..

Started by Bryancd, August 02, 2006, 12:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

..to Trek  ;D I know Rico from over at the RPF and just started listening to his awesome podcast. Love the site and look forward to participating in this community.  :thumbsup

Elizur

HI there Bryan.  Welcome!

I'm also new and enjoy Rico's podcasts. 

What is this RPF you speak of?

Rico

Hey Bryan!  Glad to see you here too!  Nice to have another collectible nut around the forums.  There are a few of us here - plus the TREK and SciFi fans.  Welcome bud!

Bryancd

Hey Rico, thanks! Seriously, I love your podcsat. I have downloaded most of the shows and I am up through December of last year. I wish I had been listening when you did them, I have so many comments I would have loved to make on your show reviews TOS. It's like, finally, somebody elese see's in them what I see! Things like the music, character development, secondary characters, ect. Great stuff. I also really enjoy the collectible review even though I thought I wouldn't as much as I spend so much time at the RPF. Oh, hey Elizur, this is the RPF:
http://www.therpf.com/index.php?s=dc769f3d3261bc053cd3a0b8a400dcc3&act=idx
Again, great job and as soon as I catch up I'll rty and contribute more. I have a signed copy of Allan Ashermans Star Trek Compendium, too!

Picard_delta_5

welcome, glad you enjoy trek as much as we do... from your post im guessing that you like TOS the best.... (not that there is anything wrong with that... but TNG is better)

anyways, have fun...
Star Trek Will Rise Again

Bryancd

Well, I'm biased towards TOS. I agree as a series of 7 seasons, TNG was incredible, but I'm 37 and as a kid watching TOS in reruns in the early and mid '70's was my introduction to sci fi. I knew a world pre-Star Wars and Star Trek sparked my imagination, so it's a very personal thing with me, watching the old episodes has a huge amount of nostalgia. When TNG came out I was a freshman in college and didn't have a lot of time for Trek. It was only when the DVD's came out that I was able to watch the entire 7 seasons and my appreciation for it. Again, all in all, it is superior ot TOS, but TOS has more meaning for me. :)

Elizur

Quote from: Bryancd on August 02, 2006, 06:20:57 PM
Well, I'm biased towards TOS. I agree as a series of 7 seasons, TNG was incredible, but I'm 37 and as a kid watching TOS in reruns in the early and mid '70's was my introduction to sci fi. I knew a world pre-Star Wars and Star Trek sparked my imagination, so it's a very personal thing with me, watching the old episodes has a huge amount of nostalgia. When TNG came out I was a freshman in college and didn't have a lot of time for Trek. It was only when the DVD's came out that I was able to watch the entire 7 seasons and my appreciation for it. Again, all in all, it is superior ot TOS, but TOS has more meaning for me. :)

I'll just say, 'ditto,' with an exception.  I was able to watch NG in college, and even TOS.  Actually, every day at 4pm we all met in the basement of our dorm to watch TOS.

Whoever could guess the name of the episode quickest had the daily bragging rights.  It usually took about 10-15 seconds at most before someone got it.   

Picard_delta_5

ha, funny story... im like doing that...

and nothing wrong with TOS... i was just kidding around... you'll soon notice that I'm the biggest TNG fan here...

Geekyfanboy

Hey Bryan welcome to our little piece of cyber space. As Rico said it's great to have another collector here. I'm one of those few that Rico mentioned.

Rico

Us "collectors" are the poor ones with smiles on our faces!  :)

Picard_delta_5

Ha! you seem to be doing fine judging from those pics of your collection Rico...

CptPikeRulz

I am glad we settled that then... the 80's, flock of seagulls, and Micheal jackson's outfit in thriller.. sans 1 glove... sucked.  TOS is clearly the best.

Riskygodfather

Welcome aboard, it's great here, and I must say, I admire you collectors. Go Trek!
"Do a barrel roll" - Peppy, StarFox 64
"Coincidence... I think NOT!" - Bear, Polkadot Shorts
"If at first you don't succeed... you fail" -Portal preview

Admiral Anthony Out