• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Video needed for Vidcast #300

Started by Rico, September 11, 2010, 08:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

I had an idea for what I want to do for show #300.  I want everyone that can to record a short video (4-5 min. or less please) talking about a couple SF or fantasy movie gems they love and why.  But, I want these to be non-Trek, non-Star Wars and hopefully not some of the real popular choices.  The idea is to showcase movies that some may have missed but you feel deserve a look.  One of the things I like to do on the podcast from time to time is cover things in the genre that are not as well known and encourage people to try them out.  Anyway, the vidcast is set for October 10th, so you have about a month to get me your videos.  Keep in mind I would prefer the video be mostly you talking about the 1 or 2 films you want to showcase.  I can include clips and trailers so you don't have to do that, unless it's just a small piece of the movie like a 30 sec. TV spot.  Let me know if you have any questions.  I hope to get lots of stuff from all of you to play.

THANKS!   :Bow:

Geekyfanboy

Whoo hoo.. love this idea.. think I'm going to do Willow for sure.. and maybe Krull or The Last Starfighter

Rico

Feathers

Video is not something I've had that much success with up to now. Still, if I can think of a subject, I'll see what can be done this time around.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Quote from: Feathers on September 11, 2010, 01:47:19 PM
Video is not something I've had that much success with up to now. Still, if I can think of a subject, I'll see what can be done this time around.

Don't you have this little device known as an iPhone?  Or are you referring to not the technology to do it, but the actually subject/speaking part?

Feathers

Yes, technology. I'll try the iPhone. Only had the laptop up to now.

Admittedly, the problems came in trying to compress it to get it to a manageable size rather than the recording and that shouldn't be required for an FTP upload.

QuadShot

Hmm, interesting.  I like the idea, but...Rico, my face is exactly WHY I do an audio podcast and not a video podcast! :)

KingIsaacLinksr

Hmm, perfect test for my iPhone's Vid capabilities then.  I'll add this to my list of things to do, but will not promise anything due to school.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

Only need a few minutes of you talking about some hidden gem of a TV show or movie that you really enjoy.  Should be easy for you iPhone owners.  ;)

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Rico on September 25, 2010, 05:46:58 AM
Only need a few minutes of you talking about some hidden gem of a TV show or movie that you really enjoy.  Should be easy for you iPhone owners.  ;)

Hmm....that's the only trouble I'm hitting is "hidden gem" as it were.  One immediately comes to mind, but it's more anime with Sci-Fi/Fantasy elements.  I'll figure out something when I record tomorrow.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Feathers

Yes. Topics are tough for this one.

Rico

Quote from: Feathers on September 26, 2010, 01:12:20 AM
Yes. Topics are tough for this one.

I would think there might be some type of UK program you could talk about Mike that isn't maybe as well known as say Doctor Who, but is still worth watching.

Rico

Got one video from Tim so far, and only a week to go for this.  Don't miss out on vidcast #300!  It only comes around once!!  ;)

moyer777

I'll be making one this week.  When is the deadline?

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Quote from: moyer777 on October 01, 2010, 07:34:01 AM
I'll be making one this week.  When is the deadline?

No later than next Saturday, Oct. 9th.