The Walking Dead

Started by Geekyfanboy, September 10, 2010, 10:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

I have been streaming this on Netflix all weekend, this show is AMAZING! Have the DVR set to record the premiere tonight. I am about 4 episodes into Season 1 so far and will wrap it up in the next few days. I can't stop watching!

Rico

Welcome to the party Bryan.  It's only been a year.  :)

Feathers

It seems to start over here on Friady (if anyone can get FX, not sure it's part of my package). They appear to have been repeating season 1 for a while.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

spaltor

So, who saw the s2 premiere?  A lot of stuff going on...

Rico

The season two premiere was awesome!  Right back into this series.  You just can't take your eyes off the screen for this show.

Scott

The preview of the season showed me things I seem to remember from the comics. I read the first 50 of the comics. If they do use SOME of the stories from the comics, the show will be untouchable by other shows in the genre. I hope they don't start to mirror the comics, then it will be predictable and boring.
- Scott Hough

The Vintage Gamers

Jobydrone

Great first episode.  Very excited for a full season of this show!  Remember when a full season meant 22-24 episodes?  Oh well, 13 is pretty awesome in this case, compared to 6.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Full seasons do still mean 20+ episodes for a main network series.  Cable series are a different story.  But yeah, 13 is a lot better than the 6 shows we got last season.

Bryancd

I finished up the first Season on Monday and have the Season 2 premiere on the DVR. The last epsiode of Season 1 at the CDC was a bit of an odd duck rleative to the other 6 episodes. Had a much more big movie sci-fu feel which i found a bit jarring as the previous epsiodes were so tight. Still really enjoyed it although i am curious why the CDC would have so much red wine in stock!

Rico

Bryan - It's because red wine has so many natural antioxidants in it - of course!

QuadShot

Bryan, but of course red wine...what goes better with red meat? :)
I finally watched the season premiere. Pretty awesome. I'm really liking this show.

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on October 19, 2011, 09:05:02 AM
Bryan - It's because red wine has so many natural antioxidants in it - of course!

I know that's why I love it!  :cheers

Jobydrone

Quote from: Rico on October 19, 2011, 08:43:50 AM
Full seasons do still mean 20+ episodes for a main network series.  Cable series are a different story.  But yeah, 13 is a lot better than the 6 shows we got last season.
Yes...it seems that the programs I look forward to the most are over for the season before you can blink.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

ori-STUDFARM

I think I prefer the 12 or 13 episode format rather than the 20+.

Dexter, Breaking Bad and now Walking Dead seem to run at a better pace for it, I reckon.

Bryancd

Really enjoyed the premiere for Season 2. After the CDC episode, this returned to what really grips me watching this, the relentless malevolence that just build and builds and the character dynamics.