• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by Geekyfanboy, September 10, 2010, 10:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Quite a cool episode to return with.  Lots of things going on.  This show is just great week after week.

batmite

It's only gonna get better.. and by that.. I mean a lot of Tragedy.

Rico

Quote from: batmite on February 11, 2013, 10:13:21 PM
It's only gonna get better.. and by that.. I mean a lot of Tragedy.

They have diverged from the comics a fair amount so I think everything is pretty open at this point.  But yeah, this show (and comic series) is not shy about killing people off.

Rico

Really enjoying the show a lot since the return.  Things are getting pretty intense for our merry band of survivors.  Here's a pic from the next episode.

Bryancd

First two episodes have been great, very intense. I will complain about one thing, however...

[spoiler]I realize this is a story of zombie apocalypse and suspension of some disbelief is required, but because the show and characters are portrayed in such a realistic manner, it feels so REAL. Having said that, I am NOT liking Rick seeing Laurie and talking to her.[/spoiler]

Rico

Actually for me...

[spoiler]I've been ok with the Lori visions he is having.  I mean Rick has been through a lot and he's starting to really lose it.  So far I like they way they are handling this.  I don't think it's gone too far - at least not yet.  The tension of the whole situation is really ramping up.  I just want that governor gone soon.  He's *bleeping* me off![/spoiler]

bevs_plaything

Quote from: Rico on February 20, 2013, 04:11:33 PM
Actually for me...

[spoiler]I've been ok with the Lori visions he is having.  I mean Rick has been through a lot and he's starting to really lose it.  So far I like they way they are handling this.  I don't think it's gone too far - at least not yet.  The tension of the whole situation is really ramping up.  I just want that governor gone soon.  He's *bleeping* me off![/spoiler]

Same for me, especially in episode two with [spoiler]the attack on the prison and how it began[/spoiler]. 

Geoff G.o.B

I'd like to comment but I've forgotten how to do the spoiler thing, can anyone advise pls
If you can remain calm when all around you are panicking, you probably didn't understand the question

Rico

Quote from: Geoff G.o.B on February 23, 2013, 02:25:13 AM
I'd like to comment but I've forgotten how to do the spoiler thing, can anyone advise pls

After you hit reply you will see a symbol that looks like a little nuclear symbol in the second row of icons that looks like this:

Just click that and put the text you want to hide between the spoiler tag brackets that will pop up.

Geoff G.o.B

Thanks Rico for the spoiler thingy

I was going to add to this thread [spoiler] that I prefer the way they are handling Lori's ghost to the comics. In the comic Rick is humping round a phone talking to it. Interesting to see what bits they change and what bits they work in from the comics[/spoiler]
If you can remain calm when all around you are panicking, you probably didn't understand the question

Bryancd

Quote from: Geoff G.o.B on February 23, 2013, 03:11:43 PM
Thanks Rico for the spoiler thingy

I was going to add to this thread [spoiler] that I prefer the way they are handling Lori's ghost to the comics. In the comic Rick is humping round a phone talking to it. Interesting to see what bits they change and what bits they work in from the comics[/spoiler]

I actually would have preferred that! At least then we aren't in a ghost story...

Jobydrone

Ive loved everything about the third season and the back half has ramped it up even more. Merle and Daryl's story is a great addition to the fiction that wasn't in the comics too and it may be what I like most about the show right now. Can't wait to see how the season continues!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Only two episodes left for this season.  I thought the most recent episode focusing on Andrea was a bit weak after the big build up the week before.  But I think things will be ramping up now.

ChrisMC

Quote from: Rico on March 20, 2013, 02:28:52 PM
Only two episodes left for this season.  I thought the most recent episode focusing on Andrea was a bit weak after the big build up the week before.  But I think things will be ramping up now.
Yes, I was annoyed by the "filler" ness of it. Stuff happens which doesn't move the story along at all. Some good moments, but still. Annoying.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Bryancd

I am so sick of Andrea!!!