• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Star Trek XI - spoilers!

Started by spidey27, July 22, 2006, 05:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markinro

Alias/Lost meets Star Trek ???  Hmmm...think JJ is getting a one-track mind.  Maybe Tom Cruise will be in this film.  :smilie_nono:

I don't mind not bringing Kirk/Spock back and doing the pre-1701 (no A,B,C or bloddy D) days.  I thought they were talking orignally centering a film around starfleet academy.

duken

lol i just watched that TNG epidsode.

Picard_delta_5

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on August 20, 2006, 07:19:46 PM
“This is not just another Trek movie but instead a total reboot, we will see things that are similar to what is known in the Trek Universe but we will not be held to every aspect of the last 40 years. We are going to introduce Star Trek to a whole new generation and many more generations to come.

ok, if they dont want to cling to the old aspect of trek, why the **** are they making a "Kirk and Spock" movie!?!?!?!?

and what are they thinking here? do they play to get a "new" fan base while leaving all the real, hear and now fans out to dry?!?!!?!? this is all very disturbing... I am looking forward to the release of this movie less and less as time goes by...
Star Trek Will Rise Again

Rico

I don't have a lot of trouble with the basic idea of doing an early Kirk/Spock story - but it's this talk of the history of Trek not being that important that bugs me.  I am truly starting to believe that the folks at Paramount, etc. don't really understand and get what Trek is all about.  Everyone seems to always be thinking something is "wrong" with it.  Keep in mind in the year "2006" there is so much more Sci-Fi to pick from than 40 years ago.  It's much more competitive out there.  I wish they would take a lesson from the "New Voyages" gang and create some cool web episodes and pop them on iTunes for $1.99 each.  They would sell like crazy!   ;D

Picard_delta_5

web episodes? interesting... thats a good idea, but nothing like that has been done yet (selling web eps of a TV show that never went on TV)... and if someone is going to start doing stuff like that, i doubt it would be paramount... and i really dont think it would be star trek...
Star Trek Will Rise Again

poplopez

I listen to the slice of scifi podcast also and they have a theory that all movies are targeted towrads 13 year old girls. From what I have seen in the theaters lately maybe a concern that star trek could become part chick flick could be a concern. Look what happened to the prequels to the original star wars they were targeted towrads kids and the retail toy market. I am worried.  :vulcan

Trekkygeek

Matt Damon???? Matt Damon???? I'm sorry, but whenever I think of him now, I immediatly think of his puppet in
Team America.
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Riskygodfather

Aha, and the funny thing about that is Matt Damon is actually a very inteligent man.
"Do a barrel roll" - Peppy, StarFox 64
"Coincidence... I think NOT!" - Bear, Polkadot Shorts
"If at first you don't succeed... you fail" -Portal preview

Admiral Anthony Out

Bryancd

He was awesome in the 2 Bourne movies and Good Will Hunting. I would not be adverse to seeing him as a young Kirk. I am solidly with Rico that my only issue is the re-invention of Trek history. Enterprise was tough enough with Archer and crew doing so much thattread on TOS territory, including the Vulcan first officer. It tended to lessen the impact of TOS adventures as you think, "oh, well they were already out here fighting all these guys and exploring, so big deal".

Geekyfanboy

Star Trek XI â€" the prequel film that could bring big changes to the franchise â€" is still on the drawing board at the moment, but the movie could be given an official green light for production this winter. According to The Trek Movie Report, the eleventh Trek motion picture is likely to get the nod from Paramount in December or January. “Although it hasn’t been greenlit yet, it is as close as you get around here,” the site’s industry source told them. Paramount intends to make it one of their 2008 summer tentpole releases.

Additionally, producer Abrams and his team are already interviewing potential cast members. A first draft of the movie script is expected soon, and the story’s main characters apparently include Kirk, Spock, McCoy, and Scotty.

If all goes well, Trek XI could begin filming in the spring, with production lasting six months. All this is subject to change, so watch the headlines!

Rico

The latest Trek magazine indicates a first draft of the script should be done by the end of the year and if approved filming would probably be next summer (2007).

jedijeff

Thats great news that they are making good progress on the script, and could be ready to start filming next year.

Trekkygeek

Oh no, seems they are still sticking to the prequel idea. I don't like it and I think it'll end in tears. Hope i'm wrong though.
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Geekyfanboy

Latest Trek XI Rumor: Cruise?

The Star Trek dedicated website TrekWeb is reporting that actor Tom Cruise, friend of director J.J. Abrams, is rumored to be very interested in appearing in the next movie installment in the Star Trek franchise. Tom is said to be a huge fan of Star Trek and would be delighted to make a cameo in the film.

The story first broke on the WENN entertainment news service and picked up by both TrekWeb and Canada’s TV Guide magazine, which said, “He didn’t even need to be begged to appear in it.”.

Don’t pin too much on the information - at this point it is all still rumor. Whether one likes Cruise or not, he is a gigantic box office draw and even a small cameo would bring Star Trek to an even broader audience than it currently reaches and could snatch up literally hundreds of thousands of future fans.

Riskygodfather

I'm going to bet that's a rumor, just because... well because. I want to, and it's my post. However, if it9's not a rumor, then things are starting to get pretty funky for the next star trek movie. Thanks kenny
"Do a barrel roll" - Peppy, StarFox 64
"Coincidence... I think NOT!" - Bear, Polkadot Shorts
"If at first you don't succeed... you fail" -Portal preview

Admiral Anthony Out