Anyone ever tried to get a patent?

Started by alanp, August 27, 2010, 04:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

I had an idea that I'd like to patent if it isn't already patented.  

Since insects at night time ultimately fly to any and all light sources, I had an idea to make fly paper glow in the dark.  Anyone think this could be something?

Rico

Might want to check your spelling on your post.  ;)

-- I don't think the glow would last very long based on most glow in the dark substances I know of.  Unless you couple it with some form of black light or something.

alanp

Yeah I know what you mean, a lot that I've seen are temporary.  But like the glowing numbers on watches, toothbrushes, flashlight rims, etc that I've seen glow every time you turn the light off.  I'm thinking this type of plastic could cover the paper with a glue coating.

No idea if it would really work tough.

Bryancd

Feathers

Hmmm. All the stuff I've read on patents suggests that the first rule of getting a patent is not sharing the idea with anyone in advance. I've no idea if this is true but if it is...

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

loutzee

Quote from: AlanP on August 27, 2010, 04:15:26 PM
I had an idea that I'd like to patent if it isn't already patented. 

Since insects at night time ultimately fly to any and all light sources, I had an idea to make fly paper glow in the dark.  Anyone think this could be something?
Very sorry to tell you but I have a patent going thought at the moment that
would make your glow in the dark fly paper redundant,
it's tiny little sunglases for insects.
maybe you could look at using Velcro,
this does mean stick the opposing Velcro on all the insects ,a bit time consuming.
"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."

Jobydrone

"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx