• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Tapatalk - mobile forum app

Started by Rico, July 25, 2010, 03:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

On the suggestion of member beer, I've installed the Tapatalk app on the forum.  Basically for those with smartphones, etc. out there, this should give you a better option to view the forum.  There are a couple of catches.  First, for the "free" version of the app you will only be able to view the forum.  If you buy the $2.99 full version, you should be able to do everything you normally can do.  Since I don't have a smartphone, I am counting on you iPhone users and others to give me some feedback on this whole thing.  I will add their "stock post" in a reply below this.  If you try this out, let me know what you think and post your impressions here please.  Thanks and thanks to beer for the heads up on this.

Rico

Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone / Android and soon to be on Blackberry and Nokia. Tapatalk supports vBulletin (3.x and 4.x) and phpBB forums and forum owner can activate this service for free. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Tapatalk for iPhone:
Showing New and Unread Posts:

Full Thread Viewing and Pagination Support:

See Who's Online:

Reply to Post and Image Upload:

Some of the large forums activated Tapatalk support

Tapatalk for Android

Total Android Look and Feel

Same feature set as iPhone:

Quickly Reply to a conversation:

Latest and Unread Posts indicator and multi-tabs support:

Full screen image support - support landscape mode also

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!

Rico

Ok, ignore this app for now.  It was messing up the html coding on the site.  I posted a message on the SMF forum about the issue.  Maybe they will fix it sometime soon.

KingIsaacLinksr

I have been looking for a long time for a mobile app that works with forums, but they all seem buggy, unstable or more of a nuisance than it's worth.  Will keep you informed if I find anything though.  

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

KingIsaacLinksr

Did some looking around and the only app that supports SMF is the one you posted on so unless they can fix the issues with your site, we mobile app users can't do anything.  Mobile browsers all the way. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Feathers

Looks interesting but I don't know how necessary it really is. Of course if it's free at your end then you might as well use it (unless it continues to mess things up).

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

beer

Bummer, sorry it didn't work out with the site Rico. Perhaps when the problem gets fixed.