• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Star Trek The Newest Generation

Started by Vartok, July 14, 2010, 03:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vartok

Hi all, I wanted to correct the notion that Vartok had much to do with the fan movie - couldn't be further from the truth.  My "spawn" came up with the idea all on her own and recruited nine other students and friends to play all of the parts.  They wrote the script, made the costumes, and prepared the sets all on their own.  I only helped a bit on the sliding door to the bridge and that's about it.  So they get all of the credit!

So I am as surprised as anyone about how this just came about.

V

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

PaulECoyote

Indeed, really interesting segment - paused listening to the podcast to see if there were any pictures of the set etc.  Felt a little sorry for the cast facing the Trek inquisition though  ;)

Bryancd

Great hearing the interviews with the cast. I love the fact that they are doing this in the TOS era after being inspired by the last movie. TOS rocks!

Vartok

The "Trek Inquisition" was a bit tough (I cheated to look up the answers first) but it was done tongue in cheek and to see if there was any depth to their enthusiasm or just pure enthusiasm.  What I found  - some surprised me since they had clearly researched their roles (monotone voice and arms behind the back for Spock, cranky for McCoy, even hair colors!).  Some were just innocent bystanders when the STO train came into town.

So it was all in good fun, and I did trim the interviews some for where they didn't have the answers for the most parts.

Now my thought is this - do they qualify as greater fans for participating in a STO video and wearing the uniform than say a fan like me who just watches and does an occasional music podcast.  Got me thinking!

V    ;-)

PS. I checked with the spawn of Vartok today and she indicated that all of them have listened to the podcast and thought it fun to be in the iTunes universe.  Now onto the movie.  Wonder when that will be done?

Bryancd

The kids were all very well spoken. :)

Vartok

I checked and the movie premiere is August 15.  Will post when up with a link.  Some of you may think "that was not my father's Star Trek!"  But so be it.
V

Bryancd

Dude, High School students doing an original TOS episode? I'm not sure how that could be more cool. :)

moyer777

Really looking forward to the movie.  How fun!

Vartok

Just an update on the fan movie.  Still in post-production (rework) after the cast had a party to view the draft version.  They've posted a bloopers video but holding that until after you get to see the movie first.

V

Vartok

OK, the high school graduates have posted their version of the Star Trek Fan movie.  I must warn you, however, it is not for the faint of heart.  There are two parts and possibly some bloopers, the link below is to Part I.  I will post Part II later after you have all had a chance to see part I!

Live long and ...

V

To Boldly Go part 1

Rico

Love it!  Great job!  They really captured some of the TOS spirit and characters.  Need more!

moyer777

Vartok

OK, you've seen part I below (first), so now the cliffhanger ends

V

To Boldly Go part 2

Rico

All I can say is Spock is one lucky guy!  ;)