• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Star Trek The Newest Generation

Started by Vartok, July 14, 2010, 03:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vartok

Will run the Star Trek Newest Generation saga here.  As mentioned in the Comm Panel there is a movie afoot at Vartok Studios.  The Vartok offspring has decided, along with a number of other high school students, to make a Star Trek video, that I think will end up on Youtube before it's all done.  They have been busy the last week making props and costumes and started principal video taping this evening.  This should be fun to watch.  I snapped off a photo of part of the cast here tonight (several more show up tomorrow apparently).  Take a look below.  LLAP.

V

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

sheldor

Rick - you guys didn't get dressed up when you/dave/rob and alan did those tapes - did you?

Rico

Quote from: sheldor on July 14, 2010, 04:16:41 PM
Rick - you guys didn't get dressed up when you/dave/rob and alan did those tapes - did you?

Not during the recording sessions, but we did for some early conventions.  Still have my old uniform - somewhere.

Ktrek

I'm all for anything that will keep kids off the streets and doing something productive. Good luck with this project!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Bryancd

I had a home made TOS top when I was 13 and a better version today...with a cuter girl as well. :)

Rico

Classic Bryan!  Vartok - love what you are doing and everyone involved.  Make sure to keep me posted and send me some type of audio stuff to play on the podcast about what you are up to.  People love hearing about fan productions.

sheldor

Quote from: Rico on July 14, 2010, 04:25:38 PM
Quote from: sheldor on July 14, 2010, 04:16:41 PM

Not during the recording sessions, but we did for some early conventions.  Still have my old uniform - somewhere.

:jawdrop

Vartok

I'll capture some Actor's comments on my H2 recorder and provide an audio segment about fan video production for this week's podcast.
V

Vartok

"Star Trek The Newest Generation"  (my title since they haven't thought one up yet) is into its second day of filming and will apparently continue over the weekend.  I was able to sneak in some short interviews with the cast and crew and will submit an audio segment to you Rico for this weekend.  I think they would get a kick out of hearing themselves on iTunes Sunday afternoon.  Who knows, you may have 9 new podcast fans after they listen in.  ;-)    If you look at the photo below you will see there are six females and two males in the cast (they have two other male extras).  Is the tide turning?

Their answers to my ST awareness questions were interesting to listen to as it showed a wide range of ST knowledge with these 17-18 year olds.  I think it's going to be several weeks before the video is complete.  The plot, as I discovered during the interview, is well not your everyday ST plot.  Wait and see.
Vartok

moyer777

Vartok

Thanks Rick, going to put it together tonight and well it calls for old fashioned Sandy Courage music - but thanks for that kind offer and I will bank it for another time!  Although I will listen to my expansive Moyer music collection and maybe end it on a snippet from one of your parodies which I really love so much, if that's ok by you.

By the way, if you see a Scurrilean looking creature in the video when posted know that it was NOT Vartok, but from another house on Scurrilea.

V

moyer777

Rico

That's just great Vartok!  Can't wait to see more!  Definitely send in some audio for the show this week.