• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Tales From The Mouse House

Started by QuadShot, July 06, 2010, 12:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

For the scripted vs. unscripted, I think it really depends on you. I think everyone needs at least a set of bullet points. Based on my experience doing presentations, running meetings and what little podcasting experience I have, I tend to work better unscripted. I look at a point and then just start talking, sometimes this will lead you to ramble on a little but with time you can catch yourself.

When you have another person to work off of then it becomes much easier to be unscripted as it turns into a more natural discussion instead of a dissertation. I think if you won't be satisfied unless you come out saying things a specific way then you should script. The only danger is that you start going into 'reading voice' which becomes a bit monotone and dull.

QuadShot

So true. I listened to our first show and was a bit put off by the way I sounded - very rehearsed.  Even my jokes! :P Al

QuadShot

Finally! Episode 4 of Tales From The Mouse House is UP! :) It took me a bit longer to edit and get uploaded than I wanted, life kind of got in the way, but it's finally in iTunes.  It's an enhanced show (most of ours are), but if you want a standard version, we have one posted on our podbean site at  www.talesfromthemousehouse.podbean.com.  This episode is a bit different than our first shows, we went off script! We did the "host chat" style and we really enjoyed it. One issue I need to figure out though, my voice is...well...I'm rather loud naturally. Didn't realize that until we started to record these shows. And Joyce is soft-spoken. So we bought two mics (mine is a Yeti and Joyce's is the Snowball), and I've been trying to get my audio level right.  In this episode, there are a few areas where my audio is distorted a bit...hmm. Any ideas?
So, here are the show notes from episode 4! Thanks and let me know what you think...please....pretty please??? :)  :
On episode 4 of Tales From The Mouse House, we discuss a LOT! We confirmed a couple of rumors that we mentioned on a previous show, including an errie spider web and a Hidden Mickey, a special visit with a terrific Disneyland Castmember, the closing of a beloved Pin Trading Shop in DCA and World Of Color. Plus, an update on the fist Tales From The Mouse House Disney Trivia Contest...
In our Hidden Treasure segment, we discuss the landscaping at the Disneyland Resort and the mystery behind the Disneyland Resort's address...hmmm. Joyce reviews one of her favorite rides, Space Mountain, and I attempt to be as funny as the Jungle Cruise skippers in my review of Adventureland's Jungle Cruise. We also compare the PCH Grill and Goofy's Kitchen in our Food Review and I get personal in our Tips -N- Tricks.
Stay turned for future video podcasts, which will include a two-part Aladdin show, a Point Of View show highlighting California Screamin' and Splash Mountain and a walking tour of the Disneyland Resort.
Be sure to check out our Tales From The Mouse House Photo site (located in the list on the left). If you have any comments or suggestions for us, please, drop us a line at talespodcast@cox.net, and be sure to leave us feedback on iTunes! Enjoy the show!! ~~ Al & Joyce

QuadShot

Welcome to Episode 6 of Tales From The Mouse House! This will always be remembered by Joyce and I as the episode that almost wasn't! We discuss a surprising "yard sculpture" that landed in our side yard that made for an interesting wake up call! We introduce a new segment on Tales From The Mouse House that we call "Magical Memories". In this new segment, we'll highlight those special moments that exemplifies the Disney Spirit of Magic. Anything that gives that heart warming feeling. I share my first Magical Memory and invite you all to share your Magical Memories with us. We'll even highlight them on our show! In our Hidden Treasures segment, I fill you in on where you can find a bit of Autopia Automotive Memorabilia, catch a glimpse of some movie props used in the films Raiders of The Lost Ark and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Joyce fills you in on a Monorail Hidden Treasure! Our Ride Review segment has been "altered" a bit so Joyce and I can discuss Disney's California Adventure Attraction - Aladdin: Musical Spectacular, and get you geared up for our August 29th Video Podcast, Part One of the Aladdin Musical! We're also part of the "digital" age now! You can follow us on Twitter at talespodcast, be our friend on FaceBook at facebook.com/talespodcast. Remember, if you have suggestions for shows you'd like to hear, or see, want to share a Magical Memory, send us a comment or just say hi, you can email us at talespodcast@cox.net. You can also visit us on Pod Bean at www.talesfromthemousehouse.podbean.com. And, as always, check our Tales From The Mouse House Photos page link under "LINKS" on the left! Thanks for joining us and Make It A Magical Day!

QuadShot

So...Joyce and I were honored with a Skype chat with Rico on Tuesday! He graciously agreed to chat with us about his Disneyland experiences and we had a blast! This was our first Skype chat for our show, and I think it went very well.  Thankfully, Rico is a pro at this so that made it much easier. Oh, and Rico, Joyce said to tell you it was nice to finally "meet" you after me talking about you for the last (almost) 5 years! :) We'll have our chat with Rico on Tales From The Mouse House the first week in September, so tune it!! :)

Meds

Awesome. Just listened to the last Tales podcast and loved it. Keep em coming oh and I really need to see the truck that was in Raiders :)

QuadShot

Meds, check out our Tales photos page: http://web.me.com/alkessel/Site_3/Episode_6_Photos.html at the bottom is the photo of the Indy truck.  When Joyce and I go in Sept. I'll make sure I take lots of photos of the Indy attraction, video too.  Oh, and thanks for listening Meds! We really appreciate it, and if you and the family ever make it to the US, let us know! We've got room at Casa Kessel! :)

beer

Pretty sure I saw the Indy truck (and ride) at Disneyland Paris. It was the first time I had been to a Disney park since the late 70s or early 80s .... had been looking forward to the Pirates ride but it was closed :( being updated to movie pirates or something.

It was all so different then I remembered it - esp missed Tomorrowland.

QuadShot

Well beer, visiting Disneyland Paris was your mistake! :) You need to visit the original Disneyland park, in Anaheim, CA! :) The Indy truck and the mine car in Anaheim are original movie props, donated by George Lucas (he as a pretty good affiliation with Disneyland).  Al

Feathers

Yeah, we've only done Paris too. Not sure we'll ever make it to the States to be honest.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Meds

beer

Enjoyed the new episode, and actually remember the Pirates restaurant you talked about, tho that was like 26 years ago or so. I assume it's the same one :) Also ate at the Tikki Room with the talking birds - but I think that's gone now.

QuadShot

Beer, that's cool! Yep, the restaurant in the Pirates attraction has been there since the 1960's, so I'm sure it's the same one. The Tikki Room is still there, however it's no longer a restaurant, just a musical attraction. It's actually pretty neat. We always make sure we make that show. I think I have some video of it, and will post it for you if you'd like! Thanks for listening, it really means a lot to us...Al

QuadShot

Ah...welcome weary travelers...to Tales From The Mouse House's Video Podcast Episode 3! In this special video podcast, we present to you part one of Disney's Aladdin: Musical Spectacular from California Adventure's Hyperion Theatre (in the Hollywood Back Lot). This wonderful Broadway style stage musical is without a doubt, one of the jewels in the Disneyland Resort crown. Although we truly thank you for watching, we HIGHLY recommend that if you get the opportunity, catch the show in person, it is well worth the trip!

So, sit back, relax and enjoy part one of Disney's Aladdin: Musical Spectacular.  And, stay tuned for part two on September 3, 2010.  We hope you like our presentation, and in the words of the Genie..."You ain't NEVER had a friend like me!!!"

Ideas for future shows? Comments? Magical Memories? Please, send them to us at talespodcast@cox.net, or visit us on Podbean at talesfromthemousehouse.podbean.com.  You can even send us audio comments if you want! We'll play them on the show. Please, leave comments in iTunes! ~~Al & Joyce

Meds

Oooo a video cast, one for the iphone me thinks AWESOME!!!