• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Virtual Sci-Fi Air Show

Started by Rico, June 22, 2010, 04:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Man - this is one cool website.  Someone has created a virtual air show of classic sci-fi vehicles.  Go to the site to see all the images.  Samples below:

http://www.scifiairshow.com/guided-tour.html

Bromptonboy

Love it!  Especially the Eagle from Space 1999.
Pete

M-5

That was awesome, Rico!  Thanks for the link! :metallica:

Feathers

I'd love to see that. It was nice to see that the Eagle had a good British component in it's construction too :)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bryancd

The Eagle is the BEST almost real world sci fi vehicle ever. So well  designed and considered, you really could imagine that flying all around the Moon.

Rico

Yeah - I love the vehicles of "Space: 1999."  I wish they had featured some of the ships from the "Thunderbirds."  :)

ChadH

I believe that orange ship is the "Spindrift" from the old Irwin Allen tv show "Land of the Giants". Very cool.

Bromptonboy

I would love to see that fighter craft from the other Anderson show - UFO.  Remember the fighter with a missile built into the nose of the craft?
Pete

Bryancd

I LOVE the Interceptors from "UFO"! I had the Corgi toy as a kid, it had a firing missile and everything cool!

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Bryancd on June 23, 2010, 04:47:22 PM
I LOVE the Interceptors from "UFO"! I had the Corgi toy as a kid, it had a firing missile and everything cool!
Lucky Devil!  My neighbor had one - that I wanted so badly!  (that and his collection of Mad Magazines made my 9 year old heart green with envy)
Pete

Bryancd

Quote from: Bromptonboy on June 23, 2010, 05:34:49 PM
Quote from: Bryancd on June 23, 2010, 04:47:22 PM
Lucky Devil!  My neighbor had one - that I wanted so badly!  (that and his collection of Mad Magazines made my 9 year old heart green with envy)

It was a bit funny as it was green, not white, but still uber cool. :)