• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

photos from my Htpc build

Started by Java The Hut, June 05, 2010, 09:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Java The Hut

photos from my Htpc build

Specks :

Case.........Raidmax ITX-0907-BP

Motherboard.........ASUS AT3IONT-I Deluxe

Cpu........Intel Atom 330 Duel core 1.6Ghz with Nvidia ION chipset

Ram..........G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB)(PC3 12800)

System Hard drive..........80gb laptop sata 5400rpm

Storage Hard drive..........2tb desktop sata 7200rpm

Optical drive.......... Samsung 8x Blu-Ray (Reader) DVD (Burner)

Input Devices..........IOgear wireless keyboard with laser trackball and scroll wheel

I has a web-sight AGAIN
www.scifi-autograph.com
showcasing my SciFi Autograph collection

Rico

Awesome!  Is the video just on board the motherboard?  Love that little case too.  So is this just going to be used as a dedicated video entertainment unit?  Love to hear more about what you are going to be doing with it.  Did you consider adding some type of video capture device card?  What size screen is your TV and what resolution? 

Meds

i bow to such things, i would love to have a go at doing a self build but i know that it would look like a homer simpson job. :)

moyer777

somehow, all those photos made me smile very much.  It's the geek in me that just loves all those parts.

NICE! 

Can't wait to hear how it works for you!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Java The Hut

Quote from: Rico on June 06, 2010, 06:33:29 AMIs the video just on board the motherboard?
The video and audio our outputted via the motherboard onboard HDMI port

Quote from: Rico on June 06, 2010, 06:33:29 AM
So is this just going to be used as a dedicated video entertainment unit?
mostly, I'm going to use for everything but broadcast tv I have a HD antenna for that
so internet streaming,  Netflixs,you tube,hulu, dvd,blu-ray  illegally downloaded content (I got hooked on Sea Patrol, and can't find it in the U.s.)
couch web-surfing, might try my hand at couch gameing Portal on Nvidia ION (AT3N7A-i)

Quote from: Rico on June 06, 2010, 06:33:29 AMWhat size screen is your TV and what resolution?
The TV is a 47in Vizio I'm not sure what its navitve resolution is but the computer is outputting 1920x1080
I has a web-sight AGAIN
www.scifi-autograph.com

Ktrek

Nice! How long did it take you to build?

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

I didn't mean how you output the video to the TV, I was asking what graphics chip/card you are using on the PC?  Looks like it must be one on the motherboard.  And how big is that case and what OS are you using?  Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Java The Hut

Quote from: Ktrek on June 06, 2010, 09:46:47 AMNice! How long did it take you to build?
Gathering the parts took the longest, I basically did one part a paycheck, the actual build and software install took about 3 hrs
Quote from: Rico on June 06, 2010, 10:07:31 AMI didn't mean how you output the video to the TV, I was asking what graphics chip/card you are using on the PC?  Looks like it must be one on the motherboard.
oh I misunderstood, the graphics chip is on the motherboard its a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Quote from: Rico on June 06, 2010, 10:07:31 AM
And how big is that case and what OS are you using?
W = 5in
D = 9.5in
H = 11in
The OS is Windows 7 Home Premium
I has a web-sight AGAIN
www.scifi-autograph.com

Dangelus

Why not go the whole hog and get an ATSC tuner in there for over the air HD and use Windows 7 Media Center?

Java The Hut

Quote from: Dangelus on June 16, 2010, 02:09:28 AM
Why not go the whole hog and get an ATSC tuner in there for over the air HD and use Windows 7 Media Center?

mostly because the TV has a ATSC tuner built in, and is already hooked to a HD antenna.
How would one go about interfacing the Tv's tuner with Windows Media Center ?
I has a web-sight AGAIN
www.scifi-autograph.com

Rico

Quote from: Java The Hut on June 19, 2010, 09:51:00 PM
Quote from: Dangelus on June 16, 2010, 02:09:28 AM

mostly because the TV has a ATSC tuner built in, and is already hooked to a HD antenna.
How would one go about interfacing the Tv's tuner with Windows Media Center ?

Win Media Center should detect any the tuner once it's inside your box and allow you to record shows, etc.  There are also other software packages that will work as well.  Here's a nice tuner:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815116015

Java The Hut

Quote from: Rico on June 20, 2010, 06:45:10 AM
Win Media Center should detect any the tuner once it's inside your box

I understand that, but the Vizio tv has a ATSC tuner built in, Is there a way to use the Vizio's tuner
with media center ?
Also for gaming I notice some choppiness, maybe I'll look into getting a Ati all in wounder card. What does Nvidia call there equivalent card ?
I has a web-sight AGAIN
www.scifi-autograph.com

Rico

Quote from: Java The Hut on June 20, 2010, 09:44:51 AM
Quote from: Rico on June 20, 2010, 06:45:10 AM
Win Media Center should detect any the tuner once it's inside your box

I understand that, but the Vizio tv has a ATSC tuner built in, Is there a way to use the Vizio's tuner
with media center ?
Also for gaming I notice some choppiness, maybe I'll look into getting a Ati all in wounder card. What does Nvidia call there equivalent card ?

As far as I know you need the tuner card to be in the PC.  The internal card does the tuning, decoding, hardware encoding, etc.

KingIsaacLinksr

:)  Now I want to build another one.  I had a lot of fun building my first computer.  :)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr