• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

The Cape

Started by Geekyfanboy, May 18, 2010, 08:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

This is one of the new fall series I'm really looking forward too.. besides the fact that is has the wonderful Summer Glau, the storyline just sounds cool.

"The Cape" is a one-hour drama series starring David Lyons ("ER") as Vince Faraday, an honest cop on a corrupt police force, who finds himself framed for a series of murders and presumed dead. He is forced into hiding, leaving behind his wife, Dana (Jennifer Ferrin, "Life on Mars") and son, Trip (Ryan Wynott, "Flash Forward"). Fueled by a desire to reunite with his family and to battle the criminal forces that have overtaken Palm City, Faraday becomes "The Cape" his son's favorite comic book superhero — and takes the law into his own hands. Rounding out the cast are James Frain ("The Tudors") as billionaire Peter Fleming – The Cape's nemesis – who moonlights as the twisted killer: Chess; Keith David ("Death at a Funeral") as Max Malini, the ringleader of a circus gang of bank robbers who mentors Vince Faraday and trains him to be The Cape; Summer Glau ("Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles") as Orwell, an investigative blogger who wages war on crime and corruption in Palm City; and Dorian Missick ("Six Degrees") as Marty Voyt, a former police detective and friend to Faraday.

NBC's The Cape - Trailer

billybob476

Also if I remember the last ep of KOTG correctly, aren't two people from The Guild in this pilot as well?

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: billybob476 on May 18, 2010, 09:11:12 AM
Also if I remember the last ep of KOTG correctly, aren't two people from The Guild in this pilot as well?

Yep.. Fernando Chien how played Wade Wei in Season two and J. Teddy Gracia who played Brusier in Season 3

Vartok

Some more on The Cape, this below from Bear McCreary's blog, and if you are at Comic Con.  I wish.

The Cape
2:15 – 3:15
Room 6A

San Diego Comic-Con fans will get an exclusive look at the pilot episode of NBC's newest super hero drama  "The Cape." Debuting on NBC midseason in the 2010-2011 season, "The Cape" shows us "One man can make a difference"... when Vince Faraday, an honest cop on a corrupt police force, is framed for murder and presumed killed, he assumes the identity of his son's favorite comic book superhero – The Cape – to reclaim his name, family and city from the ruthless ARK Corporation and the masked villain known as Chess.

Moderated by Jonah Weiland (Comicbookresources.com) in a Q&A session with the cast – David Lyons (ER), Summer Glau (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), James Frain (True Blood), Dorian Missick (Six Degrees), Keith David (Gamer), Vinnie Jones (X-Men: Last Stand), Martin Klebba (Pirates of the Caribbean) – and from the production team– Creator / Executive Producer, Tom Wheeler (Empire), Composer Bear McCreary (Battlestar Galactica), Showrunner / Executive Producer John Wirth (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles).  All attendees will receive a limited edition comic with cover art by superstar artist John Cassady created especially for Comic-Con 2010!

And yes... this means I'm scoring The Cape.  :)  Come down and check out the pilot, or catch up with me at the signing afterwards to learn more about this exciting new series.

Rico

This is really shaping up to be a great series.  Now Bear is on board scoring it!  Great news!

ChadH

The trailer had been removed so I'm going to re-post it here.
this really does look like a pretty good show. I'm looking forward to it as well.
"And you need to work on your math." I love that! :D
The Cape - Preview

Geekyfanboy

I'm going to try and make the panel for this one.. it's in such small room and I won't wait for hours in line to see it.. I'll let you know if I get in.

Rico

Looking forward to this series a lot!

Geekyfanboy

Whoo hoo.. this is coming in Jan.

The new action-drama "The Cape" will premiere with a two-hour episode on Jan. 9 (9-11 p.m.), repeating at 9 p.m. Jan. 10 then beginning its regular time period at 9 p.m. Jan. 17.

Dangelus

Rico

Another promo with Summer Glau.  Looking better and better!

The Cape - Orwell

Geekyfanboy

Don't forget this started this week.. already DVR'd it.

Rico

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on January 03, 2011, 11:42:57 AM

Did it air already?  Holy cow!  I thought it was this coming weekend.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on January 03, 2011, 12:39:31 PM
Quote from: Geekyfanboy on January 03, 2011, 11:42:57 AM

Did it air already?  Holy cow!  I thought it was this coming weekend.

Sorry about that.. meant to say that it "Starts" this week... It starts on Sunday

Geekyfanboy

Can't wait until Sunday to watch THE CAPE? Own an iPad or iPhone? Watch it Now! http://bit.ly/gfuvXj