• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Star Wars on Blu-Ray

Started by Geekyfanboy, April 17, 2010, 10:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moyer777

I was so excited to get my email about this!  YAY!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

X

I think I'm going to hold off on this a while. I'm hoping that Lucas will come up with a final version of his intended vision before I invest more money into it. Given the potential 3D movies in the pipes, I think a holding pattern works best for me.

I also can't see myself paying for Phantom Menace ever again in this life and hopefully not the next. I still haven't got the full entertainment value for the cash I invested in that movie.

Bryancd

You know, I really like Phantom Menace more than AOTC, to be honest..

X

Quote from: Bryancd on January 20, 2011, 07:23:08 PM
I got to see an advance of Phantom Menace and fell asleep during the pod race. I tried again and paid only to find that my mind was trying to save me from the pod race.

Don't get me wrong, attack of the clone isn't great at all. I cringe at the HD area scenes. The green screen he used, while great in stills, seems fake when in motion. The Jedi were all stiff too.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: X on January 20, 2011, 08:03:48 PM
Quote from: Bryancd on January 20, 2011, 07:23:08 PM
I got to see an advance of Phantom Menace and fell asleep during the pod race. I tried again and paid only to find that my mind was trying to save me from the pod race.

Don't get me wrong, attack of the clone isn't great at all. I cringe at the HD area scenes. The green screen he used, while great in stills, seems fake when in motion. The Jedi were all stiff too.

I think you're all crazy.. I enjoyed all three prequels :)

KingIsaacLinksr

I'd like to get them, but my bank account would slap me...

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Bryancd

Yeah, I can see the issues with the arena scene in AOTC. It had an odd quality to the visual effects I wlays seem to notice. However, I think they will look spectacular in HD and I enjoy watching them.

Rico

I like the prequels, to a degree.  Certainly not nearly as much as the OT, but they are still fun to watch and still feel like "Star Wars" to me.  I'll definitely be buying this full set when it comes out.

billybob476

Same here, Frankly I think Revenge of the Sith is my third favorite Star Wars movie overall.

Bryancd

Quote from: billybob476 on January 21, 2011, 05:58:36 AM
Same here, Frankly I think Revenge of the Sith is my third favorite Star Wars movie overall.

Defiantly stands up well against Return of the Jedi.

Geekyfanboy

Just got an email with this image.. not a clue what it means...

Geekyfanboy

Maybe it's the packaging for the blu-ray

Rico

That Blu-Ray symbol is pretty prominent.  Has to have something to do with the Blu-Ray release.

turtlesrock

I'm betting it's star wars coming out on blu-ray. It makes sense, right? Hmm, sounds interesting.

Bromptonboy

Sounds good - and perhaps a reason to use my BR player - which is gathering dust.
Pete