• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

R2-D2 Celeb page

Started by Rico, March 12, 2010, 03:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

This is a great link to the R2 builder's club and some celeb's meeting up with our little droid hero.    :r2d2line

http://www.r2-d2builder.com/r2d2celebritypage.html

Some examples....

Darkmolerman

Very Very cool, is the C3P0 head a controller or a prop to compliment R2-D2?
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Feathers

That's an awful lot of people (most of whom even I've heard of!). I guess it's a fair return for the amount of time and effort that must have gone into building the thing.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Quote from: Feathers on March 15, 2010, 02:37:20 AM
That's an awful lot of people (most of whom even I've heard of!). I guess it's a fair return for the amount of time and effort that must have gone into building the thing.

I'm surprised you don't know most of them.  Many Star Wars celebs and other Sci-Fi folks I'm sure you have seen before.  Maybe you just don't recognize them in 'normal' clothes.

Feathers

No, I said even I have heard of them! (You're right, though, I certainly don't recognise them and sometimes I was wondering whether the name was supposed to be above or below the appropriate set of pictures.

Rico

Quote from: Feathers on March 15, 2010, 10:21:09 AM
No, I said even I have heard of them! (You're right, though, I certainly don't recognise them and sometimes I was wondering whether the name was supposed to be above or below the appropriate set of pictures.

DOH!  This time change has me tired today.  That makes more sense now.

Darkmolerman

oooh hehe I did not recognized ANY of them I thought "hey he kind of looks like.."
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Feathers

Time change...we have a couple of weeks to go before that hits. :offtopic

ChadH

Pretty cool. Who is the gentleman posing for the first photo? The one w/o the control box. I assume he is a celebrity.

Btw: I really like the Frakes photo. Everyone looks like they're having a great time goofing around. :)

jedijeff

Quote from: ChadH on March 16, 2010, 10:15:58 AM
Pretty cool. Who is the gentleman posing for the first photo? The one w/o the control box. I assume he is a celebrity.

Btw: I really like the Frakes photo. Everyone looks like they're having a great time goofing around. :)

My guess it that would be the guy who built the R2 D2

ChadH

Quote from: jedijeff on March 16, 2010, 04:24:49 PM
Quote from: ChadH on March 16, 2010, 10:15:58 AM

My guess it that would be the guy who built the R2 D2
I was referring to the gent in the suit standing behind the little kid(who's frackin' adorable by the way). After some research I discovered that he's Anthony Daniels. Neat!