• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Anyone see the Citibank commercial with the couple rock climbing?

Started by Bryancd, November 26, 2011, 12:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

I figured you did, I was just giving a little more flavor of the climb, which I suppose now will become VERY popular!

ElfManDan

I imagine so. After this commercial loads of people will probably have a greater interest in climbing it themselves. I know it interests me now, though not like I have the time or money at the moment.

Bryancd

Well, we are 8 hours away by car so at least you have a base camp where you can stay for free. :)

Bromptonboy

I did a little bit of climbing out in the Carlisle area of Pennsylvania back in my school days  - but that was nothing like this!
Pete

ElfManDan

Quote from: Bryancd on November 27, 2011, 05:58:07 PM
Well, we are 8 hours away by car so at least you have a base camp where you can stay for free. :)

Well if ever I do decided to make the climb I'll be sure to let you know. :D

turtlesrock

i just stick to rock walls in gyms. generally much smaller and they look much less terrifying. :unsure

QuadShot

Yeah, well, since I've had more surgeries in the last 5 years than most people have their entire lives, AND an artificial shoulder, I'll just sit back and live through you guys. Sad, isn't it! :) Nothing worse than an old warrior (or, athlete!) that's outlived their usefulness!!

ElfManDan

Al, I'm sure there is still plenty of excitement in your life! It's not always big expeditions that make for some of the funnest adventures.

billybob476

The last part of that climb sounds similar to skiing the "couloir" in Whistler where there are signs saying it is a "no fall zone". Trust me, I won't fall if I can help it!

Jobydrone

Quote from: Sheppard on November 27, 2011, 02:22:44 PM
I kid, I've done enough rock climbing to know how that works. I was just getting Assassin's Creed flashes thinking about standing on the top of that.
Yeah except where's the haystack when you really need it?
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

ElfManDan

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on December 02, 2011, 12:00:17 PM
Quote from: Sheppard on November 27, 2011, 02:22:44 PM
I kid, I've done enough rock climbing to know how that works. I was just getting Assassin's Creed flashes thinking about standing on the top of that.
Yeah except where's the haystack when you really need it?

I bet it's down there near the bottom somewhere. How could they forget to have a haystack near by.