• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Prop 8 Trial (CA Gay Marriage Ban)

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 11, 2010, 10:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Government denied a live broadcasting of this trial.. but there is guy who is live blogging from the courtroom.

Interesting stuff.

Check it out if you're interested.

http://prop8trialtracker.com/2010/01/11/live-updates-from-the-courtroom/#comments

cosmonaut

I think the judge asks some good questions.

I find the fear-mongering of anti-gay marriage unsettling. It's not like it would take anything from heterosexual marriage, and I don't see how this could hurt kids? If you could grow up with only a dad or only a mom, how should growing up with two dads or two moms be harmful? It's not, it will be interesting how they want to prove that point.

Would be nice to see Prop 8 gone.

Geekyfanboy

Yeah right now the anti-gay marriage folks are claiming that marriage is about procreation, and since gay couples can't procreate (which is ridiculous, just because we are gay doesn't make us sterile) we don't have the right to marry. Does that mean that straight couples who can't have babies be denied marriage??

They also keep stating that "it's for our Children" like gay people are evil and will bring harm to the children if they allow us to marry. 

I'm with you Cos.. I really like the Judge..

ChadH

Everyone deserves to be happy in this short life that we've been blessed with. It's legal in Iowa.(For now at least.) Come to Iowa to get hitched.