• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Geeky Fun Stuff to do in Seattle

Started by ChadH, September 21, 2009, 11:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadH

Katze Kitty and I are going to be in Seattle on business this weekend and we're looking for suggestions for fun stuff to do while we're there. On the itinerary so far we have the Science Fiction Museum and, since we're kind of beer geeks too, a couple of brewery/brewpub tours. Anyone have any can't miss it, gotta see it, places to go? :)

KatzeKitty

Please, advice is welcome!! We'll have only two mostly full days to do our own thing, so we don't want to waste it.  Names/addresses of good breweries that do tastings of good beers, what to not bother with at all (think we'll skip going up the needle), anything is appreciated.

Regardless of what we do, at least we'll not be at home for a few days, so it's a great trip already!

~katzekitty

Bryancd

Paging Rick Moyer!!!

...although he may not be a good beer reference... ;)

ElfManDan

Not much of a drinker (not old enough yet), so I don't know much about the breweries, but I do know Seattle pretty well. I guess it really depend on what you're interested in. There's the Museum of Flight, the Science Center which is near by the Science Fiction Museum, the Experience Music Project, and The Space Needle. There's also the Aquarium, Pike Place Market if you like fish, there's also ferrying, and then the Woodland Park Zoo. That's just off the top of my head so if I think of anymore I'll mention.

ChadH

Quote from: Sheppard on September 21, 2009, 04:13:34 PM
Not much of a drinker (not old enough yet), so I don't know much about the breweries, but I do know Seattle pretty well. I guess it really depend on what you're interested in. There's the Museum of Flight, the Science Center which is near by the Science Fiction Museum, the Experience Music Project, and The Space Needle. There's also the Aquarium, Pike Place Market if you like fish, there's also ferrying, and then the Woodland Park Zoo. That's just off the top of my head so if I think of anymore I'll mention.
Thanks for the good suggestions, if you do think of anything else please go ahead and post it. :)

billybob476

If Darrell is floating around he's a Seattle-ite as well.

moyer777

OH BOY!  You will be in our neck of the woods!  SWEET!  What sheppard wrote is really good.  He got most of the cool places you could visit.  If you want to do some traveling you could always come down our way (about 1 hour and 45 minutes) and you could go to the Star Wars Store, we could take you out to the Pacific Ocean or the to the Rain Forest--  that is always cool. I could show you where Kurt Cobain grew up!

I loved the Science Fiction Museum, and at the time when you purchased tickets for that you also get into the Experience Music Project, a must see for any musician!

When we do Seattle we do the waterfront- Pike Place Market, Ivar's fish & chips, Ye Old Curiosity Shop, the aquarium, Imax, etc.   If you are into sports, you could probably catch a Mariners game in Safeco field. (I don't know the dates)  If the weather is good, you may want to ride the Ferry to Bainbridge Island and go shopping.  They have such a unique and quaint little downtown area with really neat places.  THey have a great little bakery and fun places to look at.  It's so beautiful around these parts, dont' forget your camera!

Anways, depending on your time, you are always welcome down towards Aberdeen, I'd buy you lunch or Starbucks if  you came down this way!  Even take you on some sight seeing expiditions.  :)

Have fun!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

ChadH

Thanks for the advice Mr. Moyer!
You bring the explosives and we'll bring the watermelon. ;D

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com