• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Star Wars: In The Shadows (Audio Drama)

Started by Jen, September 20, 2009, 11:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

Hey all. There was a little conversation going in the Anomaly Podcast thread about this audio drama that Meds and I are in, but I don't want to post this information there. It should probably have it's own thread.

My pal Meds, co-host of the Waffle On podcast, and I both have roles in this six part audio drama. It's called: "Star Wars In the Shadows" and it's written and produced by Dany Pepin.

I'm playing an Expanded Universe character: Guri, the Black Sun android assassin. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Guri
Meds is playing a nasty Imperial Interrogator and a Death Star Commander.  We would really appreciate it if you could play the promo a few times on your podcasts (if you have them), or blog/tweet about it. The first episode of the short, six part series will be released on October 4th-- I've become friends with Dany Pepin and I'm trying to help him spread the word.  The trailer is being played on Anomaly, Waffle On, the ForceCast and Star Wars Action News to name a few other shows. Here's a link to the trailer. :)

http://www.creativeaudioscape.com/audiodrama/SWITS_trailer.mp3

Please feel free to email/PM me if you have any questions or if you decide to play it. Thanks!

Here's the press release that Dany sent out with regards to his drama:

The Star Wars based audio drama "Star Wars: In the Shadows" begins its release today with the official trailer followed by the six episodes spead out from October 4th to Christmas. Details are included below. Star Wars : In the Shadows is a non-profit fan-production. All rights to Star Wars and any other copyrighted material are reserved to their original creators.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE;

info@creativeaudioscape.com

CREATIVE AUDIOSCAPE PRODUCTIONS RELEASES ITS NEWEST AUDIO DRAMA PROJECT - STAR WARS : IN THE SHADOWS (SWITS)

September 20th, 2009 (Ottawa, ON, Canada) –  Almost three years after releasing Karen Traviss' audio drama adaptation of Omega Squad : Targets, Creative Audioscape Productions is proud to release its new audio drama project : Star Wars – In the Shadows.  

SPECS

Title: Star Wars : In the Shadows

Number of episode: Six (+/- 25min/each)

Chronology: in Continuity, one year before the Battle of Yavin (1BBY)

Original story written by : Dany Pépin

Produced & Directed by : Dany Pépin

SYSNOPSIS

Born and raised in a military family, Emma Wermis will slowly discover that the Empire is not what she always been taught it was. Her allegiance to the Empire will be tested and she will, during her adventures, uncover something about her family and a secret weapon kept hidden even within the Empire.

DESCRIPTION

SWITS is a classic Star Wars space opera not unlike "A New Hope". It could be describe as a light fugitive/adventure story with some mature theme inserted within. SWITS has been inspired by the Star Wars movies but also its Expanded Universe (EU) like the media giant Shadows of the Empire and The Force Unleashed. There are small EU references that will appeal to the fans of the genre, but most importantly the participation of Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Xizor, Guri and Mon Mothma in the story plot.

ON THE WEB

E-mail : info@creativeaudioscape.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/CreativeAudioSc

RSS audio: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/creativeaudioscape

iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=253983150

RELEASE SCHEDULE

September 20th : Official Trailer http://www.creativeaudioscape.com/audiodrama/SWITS_trailer.mp3

October 4th Episode 1 : Criminal Entanglements

October 18th Episode 2 : Against all Odds

November 8th Episode 3 : Amidst the Enemy

November 22nd Episode 4: Revelations

December 6th Episode 5 : Falleen Dealings

December 20th Episode 6 : Echoes from the Past

ABOUT THE AUTHOR / PRODUCER

Dany Pépin (37y/o) is a French-Canadian born in Quebec, now living in Ottawa, Ontario. SWITS is Dany's first original fan fiction of any type in his second language (English) and only second audio drama project following the surprising adaptation of Karen Traviss' short story Omega Squad: Targets. Dany was mostly known in Star Wars fandom by his implication in the French community and his Star Wars radio show Star Wars en Direct, both in French (since 2001) and English (2003-2006).

ABOUT CREATIVE AUDIOSCAPE PRODUCTIONS

Creative Audioscape Productions (CAP) is a non-profit organization that produces and distribute fan made audio drama1 for the pleasure and entertainment of the listeners. We are amateur producers that enjoy the rejuvenation of the audio drama medium and happily create and distribute them for free.

CAP was created in 2006 during the production of Omega Squad : Targets and took under its fold the French and English edition of the live podcast Star Wars en Direct. We are currently focusing on Sci-Fi audio drama productions but our objective is to expand into different genres.  

1Audio Drama : a form of audio storytelling broadcast on radio or distributed online. With no visual component, audio drama depends on dialogue, music and sound effects to help the listener imagine the story.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Meds

Hey Ho,
The first episode of Star Wars In The Shadows is now live.

Please head to http://www.creativeaudioscape.com/ and press play.

As you know myself and Jen have acting parts in this drama and Jen also did the script editing so we'd both appreciate your support. Dany did an awesome job in writing and creating this work.

Feathers

It's downloading to the old iThingy as I type :)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Woo-hoo!  Really looking forward to giving this a listen.  Playing the promo on the podcast today too!  Love that poster!

P.S.  Hey Jen - any chance of getting a higher resolution version of the poster?

Geekyfanboy

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

KingIsaacLinksr

Word.

King

P.S. Wording Rick because I'm lazy >.<  hee hee hee
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Bromptonboy

Subscribed, downloaded, and ready for the Monday commute.
Pete

Jen

Quote from: Rico on October 04, 2009, 07:34:09 AM
Woo-hoo!  Really looking forward to giving this a listen.  Playing the promo on the podcast today too!  Love that poster!

P.S.  Hey Jen - any chance of getting a higher resolution version of the poster?

Thank you for playing the promo Rico. :)  I don't know if Dany made a high res version. He's a graphic design student, and though I briefly advised him on the poster, I did not help in its creation. I'll email him to let him know you're playing his promo and ask if he has a higher version. :)  

Thanks again. Hope you guys like it. He sent me all six episodes and I've been listening to them all with Dave. Dany did a great job on the casting and mixing. I'm proud to have been apart of it. The only mistake I noticed was that the narrator called Meds "Simon Medding" in the credits. Oops! He left off an "s".

Meds, in listening to part two, and I think part five, I have to say you make a DARN good Imperial Officer. :D  You do "cold" and "heartless" surprisingly well.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

I sent you an email about the audio promo too Jen.  The promo is in mono for some reason and I wondered if there was a stereo version, and also maybe a shorter promo than the 4 minute one?

Bryancd

Downloaded the first espisode and will listen this week!

Meds

Hey thanks Jen, I will take being cold and heartless as a compliment ha ha. You were awesome in the first episode, looking forward to hearing the others :)

Jen

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on October 06, 2009, 02:19:52 AM
Hey thanks Jen, I will take being cold and heartless as a compliment ha ha. You were awesome in the first episode, looking forward to hearing the others :)

Thanks! :)

Well, we're both in episode two (you do something cold and heartless)...neither of us are in three...I'm in four and five and I think you are in five too (you're not as cold or heartless but you get to talk to Vader, lucky duck), and I'm in six...all are brief appearances. :D  Did you get to listen to them all in advance? I'll ask Dany to send you a link so that you and I can record a Waffle On/Anomaly Skype cast.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Meds

Oh yes that would be cool. I've not heard any of the other episodes and I think the character of Vidal turns up I'm 2 as he's not in the first episode (you know what I mean lol ;)  ) . Looking forward to the joint podcast :)

X

Just finished listening and I loved it! I have one observation. The use of frag and it's derivatives took me out of it a tiny bit. I think it would have worked better for me if established Wars profanities were used like kriffing, blast, or stang. Beyond that minor issue, I really enjoyed the story, actors, and production level.

I'd recommend it and also eagerly awaiting the next installment.