• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Here are some of mine from different things, mostly photography class.

Started by alanp, September 15, 2009, 10:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Most of these are from photography class.  Some of these I was still learning the darkroom.  As you can tell, I use filters whenever I can.

Any guesses how I got the background to do that without digital editing?

Don't ask me how I got the light to do this.

My photography professor hated this.  His wife loved it.  All a matter of prospective.

Favorite swimming hole as a kid and still today.

One of my church.

The singing tower at the cemetery.

A trolly.

This is my grandparents stone, I did this one for my aunt who wanted to see the flowers she sent. Photoshop effect.

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Very cool stuff.  I would guess for the top picture with the odd background that you exposed the shot differently in the dark room, blocking out the shape of the girl.

alanp

Thanks Rick!

Rico very close....  While the picture was in the developer I tuned the light on for five seconds.  It was a back lit so I already had shot at a higher aperture than what it was metering at by 2 f-stops, so the background was already going to be blurred.  Then the overhead light scrambled the picture in the developer but the girl was so well in focus, she developed normally.

alanp

The tower, the lake and the trolly were all shot through a red filter on black and white film; like one of the third one of the girl was on color film.

The star trail was a 20-minute time laps shot on a tripod and flashed at the end.  Looks kind of like dusk because there was a street light across the road.  Then the head stone was a 2 layer photoshop effect top layer desaturated and I erased the flowers from the top layer.