• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Started by Bromptonboy, September 03, 2009, 08:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

Anyone else into this HBO show?  My wife and I love it, and are looking forward to the new season starting next Sunday.  For the UK forum members - is this show broadcast in the UK? 
Pete

Jobydrone

Curb is hands down my favorite continuing comedy program.  Can't wait for this season and the much promoted Seinfeld cast reunion therein.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Roddenberry

Again, apologies for the bump, but I've brought into the hype and purchased the first 4 season, for just under £20.  Out of all the shows I've purchased recently, this certainly has been given the biggest hype & this my expectations are raised.

Jobydrone

Wow what a great deal!  You're in for alot of funny stuff.  I hope you enjoy this, it is one of my top favorite comedies ever on television but it is not to everyone's taste or liking.  Even alot of people who enjoyed Seinfeld (which is pretty much the entire world I think) sometimes find Larry David a bit too much to handle.  In my opinion Curb takes what was the best about Seinfeld and boils it down to it's roots.  When you take away the sitcom trappings, the wacky neighbor, the crazy artificial situations (and don't get me wrong Seinfeld did this kind of stuff better than anything else on TV) Seinfeld is really about unhappy and a little bit mean people that happen to be pretty funny when you look at the world through their eyes.  I think Curb does this even better without the usual sitcom silliness.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx