• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Heroes - Season Four News (spoilers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, August 31, 2009, 11:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickPeete

I really enjoyed Heroes but it is done... Officially canceled by NBC.  So it would cool if they did a 2-3 hour wrap-up movie but the networks have a lousy history with doing that sort of thing. If they did, it would probably be direct-to-DVD release or perhaps a series of webisodes or something.

I would love to see something that was maybe a year or two in the future from the series finale.  Show us what happened as a result of the Claire revelation.  Did we get the mutant registration act?  Were the specials accepted?  Did Sylar finally go "good" or did he falter and finally get owned? Did Peter regain his ability to maintain multiple powers?

Many questions that could be wrapped up.

Rico

You know who they need to bring in on this show to finish it out - Joss Whedon!

jedijeff

To Add Insult to Injury, Heroes is being sued for apparently copying the Carnival Story Line

http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2010/05/19/14005976-wenn-story.html

QuoteTV executives for the show Heroes are facing a $60 million lawsuit from a comic book artist who alleges they copied one of his storylines, according to a new report.

Jason Barnes has filed the multi-million dollar claim against TV network NBC over the inclusion of a travelling carnival plot in the drama, which he claims was copied from his comic story Jazan Wild's Carnival Of Souls!

In the papers, obtained by celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, Barnes' lawyer states, "The settings and the storylines are virtually the same. The main character in both stories leads a carnival of lost souls and outcasts. This dark character seeks to make his carnival more powerful by recruiting new members with special abilities.

"The appearance of some of the characters is also virtually identical to those in the plaintiff's books... Even the dialogue is similar. Indeed, some of the scenes in Heroes appear as if the plaintiff's books were used as storyboards by the defendants."

Not sure if this is just coincidence they are sued just after it was announced they were cancelled, or if the execs felt there might be some merit to the lawsuit, and decided to cancel the show so it they are ruled against they can claim the property was not as valuable since the storyline led to it's cancellation (just speculation on my part)

alanp

I don't think it had anything to do with it; these lawsuits happen often in entertainment.  Great minds do think alike.  I remember a similar case in England over Hairy Potter.  And I don't think I'd want to allege the carnival was my idea if I want a future as a comic writer because everyone would blame me for writing the storyline that killed heroes.

Geekyfanboy

Heroes Story Won't be Wrapped with Movie
by Silas Lesnick

Sep 10th, 2010

NBC is not moving forward with the TV movie

Entertainment Weekly has learned that NBC is not moving forward with a movie that would wrap up "Heroes." There was some talk about the possibity of a TV movie after the network cancelled the show last May.

In June, Kring told EW that "the Heroes brand is an extremely broad premise. It was a premise about ordinary people, an undisclosed number of people all over the world, who were waking up to these extraordinary abilities. Any number of stories could happen around that. We never posited a single ending or a single premise.  It wasn't about getting off of an island or stopping something from happening. We told stories in volumes that had a beginning, a middle, and an end. Those volumes could go on and on and on with many different characters. As a result, that Heroes universe is something that can be tapped into again in many ways."

KingIsaacLinksr

Not a big surprise.  A little sad, but not surprising. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr