• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

VACATIONS

Started by SPOCKFAN, August 04, 2009, 07:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPOCKFAN

Where has everyone gone for vacation this year? And where do you wish you could go this year for vacation.

Me- I am going to Ocean City Maryland for a week. I have gone there every summer my entire life, and I do love it there.
But Where I wish I could be going is Las Vegas for the Star Trek convention.  I have never been to Vegas and would love to check out the big convention. :)

Bryancd

Our's is coming up! On August 26th, we are driving from Phoenix up to Windsor, CA, up in the Sonoma Valley, to visit my Aunt and Uncle for 2 days. We are bringing the dogs, our bikes, our wet suits, all of ouir triathlon training gear. Then my wife is doing a women's only sprint race up there on the 30th. Then we drive down to Lake Tahoe where we have rented a house for the week right on the lake. Should be awesome with incredible swim/bike/run training. The dogs will ove the lake too!

Rico

I've been on "imposed vacation" for several months now.  Does that count?

Feathers

Week in Cornwall at the beginning of September. We spent our money at Disneyland Paris earlier this year so looking for something a little cheaper now.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

sheldor

Yeah, I need to get away from this insane asylum.  Maybe a few 3-1/2 day weekends.

spaltor

My family used to visit Ocean City (MD, not NJ or DE) for a few weeks every summer.  That dropped off as I hit high school, but a few years ago, my sister and her huband bought a condo there, right on the beach.  It's a faaabulous place.  I especially enjoy it in early September because it's still hot enough for beach weather, but all the little kids have gone back to school and it's much less crowded.

My big vacation was back in April, and I went out to San Diego and Vegas.  It was first trip to San Diego to visit friends, and then a yearly large gathering of friends in Vegas.  (My pictures live on Webshots - it's old school:  http://community.webshots.com/user/spaltor3)

I'm mostly doing weekend or day trips over the summer. Too much other craziness going on around.  Took a day last weekend in Philly to go to the ballpark, and I could possibly end up in Chicago for a long weekend at the end of the month, or maybe even Minnesota to get to the Metrodome before they tear it down.

Meds

Well we've had a nice week in the Isle of wight, that was great, sun out all week. Got to go around Osborne House http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/server.php?show=nav.14479 and we stopped in a great hotel called the Albert cottage http://www.albertcottagehotel.com/history.asp which was awesome. Thats it really as i've got a baby heading our way in about two weeks. We loved Aruba a year ago, we would love to go back for some lazy days, but kefalonia is somewhere we want to go again thats realistic in price, plus we'd like to live there.

KatzeKitty

Vacation?  What's a vacation??

We're going to leverage a "business" trip of mine to Seattle this fall into a few days of fun.  I'm really looking forward to it, even though I'm the one in charge of planning everything for the business part of it.  Blech.  If anyone knows of a good personal/professional development workshop leader and/or someone to talk about Going Green and/or Innovation (preferably already in Seattle and cheap), please let me know.

~katzekitty

ElfManDan

My family and I took a camping/motel vacation down along the Oregon coast last week. Went through Ocean City as well, but the Oregon one. We went to a bunch of historical landmarks and museums, mostly of sea life and aviation. Got to see the Spruce Goose at the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum, really enjoyed that.

robbo1510

Mrs Robbo and I are off to Matlock in Derbyshire in September for a week of walking and fresh air around the Peak District . My Brothering Law lives in Old Orchard Beach, Maine, so we went there for a few days in June. Very relaxing although the weather wasn't brilliant. Then we have 10 days booked for Florida (Clearwater Beach) in February. We are going with my parents and it will be their first visit to the USA. Can't wait for some winter sunshine  8)

SPOCKFAN

Clearwater Beach is a great place. Love it there. My grandparents live there.
Beaches there are great

Bryancd

Quote from: SPOCKFAN on August 05, 2009, 04:57:17 AM
Clearwater Beach is a great place. Love it there. My grandparents live there.
Beaches there are great

I was in Cleaerwater last November to compete in the Ironman 70.3 World Championship. It was very nice, beautiful white sand beaches and the water was perfect for a 1.2 mile swim to start the race!

SPOCKFAN

When in Clearwater you have to go to Frenchy's and have their Grouper Sandwich.
Fantastic

robbo1510

Thanks Spockfan, I'll look out for it.

Bryancd

Quote from: SPOCKFAN on August 05, 2009, 06:41:03 AM
When in Clearwater you have to go to Frenchy's and have their Grouper Sandwich.
Fantastic

x2! It's awesome!