• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Podcast # 238 - "Back to the Future"

Started by Rico, August 02, 2009, 01:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

This one took quite a bit of work, but I like how it came out.  Lots of fun looking back on these movies and I hope you both enjoy the cast and maybe learn a few things about this cool series of films.  Enjoy the show!

http://www.treksinscifi.com/podcasts/TreksInSciFi_238_Back_Future.mp3

sheldor

That was cool.  Didn't know about Lithgow being considered for Doc.  I think I liked 3 the best - better story I thought and nice wrap up.

Rico

Yeah - I learned quite a bit while digging around for stuff to share on the podcast this week.

Jobydrone

I just introduced my five year old daughter to these movies and she absolutely LOVES them!  One of the most funny things is trying to convince her that Doc Brown, Christopher Lloyd, is the same actor that plays the villian in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", another of her favorite movies at the moment.  She refuses to believe it!  Looking forward to getting a chance to listen to this cast, thanks Rico!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Wow - five years old!  She must be very advanced to handle these movies and all that is going on in them.

Jobydrone

"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Meds

Really want to watch the films now, great podcast and thanks for playing my rather croaky comment (only just got my voice back to normal)
and brilliant to hear Rick at the start with his great parody song, love that one. :)

X

I actually remember watching the french dub of this and he was called Pierre Cardin instead of Calvin Kline in the french dub. I thought it was a cute change.

jedijeff

Great Podcast Rico. I learned a lot about these movies from all the information you presented, and you covered the movies very well and picked some great clips. Meds had some great comments as well and learned a few things about the Delorean. I have one of the Delorean diecasts for the first movie I got a few years ago, but when the new one gets released later in the year, I am going to pick that up, as it looks like it lights up.
I think this weekend, I am going to rewatch these movies again, as after listening to your podcast, it really made me want to watch them again.

Rico

Thanks.  Yeah - these movies really do hold up I think.  And I just love the interaction between Marty and the Doc.  Great stuff!

SPOCKFAN

Love all three of these movies. I have watched them all several times, especially the first movie.  Loved the podcast Rico, you do a great job.  Marty and Doc are the best. Crispin Glover did give a brilliant hilarious performance in the first movie, it was sad he didn't come back for the last 2 chapters, would of been interesting to see how different the movies would of been if he was involved. I still love the sequals though even without him.

Feathers

Good review. I've forgotten so much about these films even though I saw them when they came out.

The second one never really worked out for me but I loved the first and the third. I think it was the disjointed nature of the future/present/past/present series of jumps that did that for me but I had forgotten the clever interleaving of bits from the original.

It was a good series and one I think I need to see again.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bryancd

Terrific podscat. I need to retract my previous comment, I actually did like the second one as well. I don't think I have ever seen the 3rd in it's entirety.

moyer777

Great podcast Rico!  I really enjoyed it.  I have always enjoyed Back to the Future, but haven't watched them in some time.  I guess I need to go looking for the DVD's now.  :)  I liked the research and cool interesting facts that you presented.  THANK YOU~

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Jobydrone

Quote from: moyer777 on August 05, 2009, 10:38:42 AM
Great podcast Rico!  I really enjoyed it.  I have always enjoyed Back to the Future, but haven't watched them in some time.  I guess I need to go looking for the DVD's now.  :)  I liked the research and cool interesting facts that you presented.  THANK YOU~

The boxed set of all three movies is PACKED with great features and is dirt cheap right now, one of the best buys for a classic set of films out there.