• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Need help if you have an iPhone or iPod touch or other mobile device

Started by Rico, June 29, 2009, 03:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

I just put a new feature on my main web page that should automatically detect if a mobile device like an iPhone, Blackberry, Palm, etc. is viewing the site and convert it to make it easier to view.  I want to know how it looks now - and if it's working too.  If you have a mobile device and can pull up the main site at:  http://www.treksinscifi.com  please do so and let me know how it looks.  If you have a way to take a picture of that showing on the mobile screen, please do so and post it here.  Thanks!

Feathers

Looks to be working OK - it's a fairly bland menu of posts with the options on the bottom but it navigates fine. Easily usable on the iPhone!

The podcast comment look better then the main post list simply because they include the title picture which is a little more interesting to look at then text. It's noticable that te screen shots are wider than the column (haven't tried landscape yet).

Got some pictures using the iPhone OS capture tool but can't post here without exporting to the PC first. I'll email them.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Thanks much!  Would you say it's easier to use this way, even if it looks less exciting?  Function vs. prettiness?

Feathers

Absolutely easier!

I wouldn't approach the main site on the iPhone in its standard form. This way, I'd say I'm much more likely to bash in a comment, say, than ever before. Most of my web interface (at home) is through the phone these days so this makes it a heck of a lot easier to use the front site.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Cool - thanks much for the help.  I got your pics.  Thanks for those.  Looks neat!

Danieru_x

I tried the site just then, but it seems there isn't anyway to view the forum in Mobile view?

Danieru_x

that section works fine, but I was wanting to use the forum...

Pyrovile

Quote from: Danieru_x on January 08, 2011, 07:45:10 PM
that section works fine, but I was wanting to use the forum...

It's a clunky, less than intuitive interface.  I'm having issues as well.
Reavers!

hexdsl

is this still working, i use Tapatalk on my mobile, does this site support it? only asking becasue there was an old post about this

Rico

Quote from: hexdsl on January 27, 2011, 08:47:30 AM
is this still working, i use Tapatalk on my mobile, does this site support it? only asking becasue there was an old post about this

No support here for it.  The last time I tried to install the Tapatalk addon to the forum is messed things up here.

Jobydrone

It works fine on my iPhone without any special mobile addons.  Just have to zoom around to hit the right links.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx