• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

TSG again from the start

Started by Ursula, June 26, 2009, 08:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ursula

Have just started watching TSG again from the start.  The early episodes are a bit clunkier than I remember, but somehow that makes me enjoy it all the more because it reminds me of TOS.  Although, I do like Riker with a bit more weight on him that he has  in the pilot.

Geekyfanboy

I assume you mean TNG (The Next Generation). Yeah it's fun to watch the entire series from beginning to end.

billybob476

I tend to skip seasons 1 and 2 of TNG. There are some decent shows but my lord there were some clunkers in there. Sometimes I think it's amazing it made it past the second season.

As a side note, Wil Wheaton will be releasing Volume 1 of his new book "Memories of the Future" which I believe will consists of humorous  synopses of season 1 episodes along with his memories and memories of his former cast mates. This should be an awesome book.

There's no specific link as far as I know but he talks about it often on his blog.

ChadH

I and my girlfreind are currently watching alot of the TNG episodes from the early seasons on up. Many of them are new for her, I remember alot of them from way back. We get a kick out of the old uniforms. (Men in mini-skirts? What the heck were they thinking?) The music can be a little over the top sometimes too. The stories still hold up after all this time though. Good times. We need a new Trek series! :borg

Meds

Its funny the early seasons are so dated, but then and i tend to think its once Ryker gets his beard and the uniforms become two peice the whole series gets better. love TNG, LOVE IT.

moyer777

I have said this before, but I love the first two seasons.  You know why?  There was a cheese factor in it.  They were more stand alone sci fi episodes.  I just liked that.  Reminded me of the old Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers with Gil Gerrard.  Fun Fun!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Meds

That and you just love cheese. ;)

moyer777

I do.  The way it melts all over my tv.

Meds

moyer777

could be good, but the sour cream ruins the buttons.

Meds

And the guacamole can cause terrible static when dipped in the aerial.

Ktrek

I probably have said this before, but when TNG came out I was quite skeptical that the magic of TOS could happen again. I was willing to give it a try however, and I'm sure glad I did. By the end of season two I was becoming a fan and by the end of season three I was addicted. Some aspects of the show do look dated now but I do not watch movies or TV shows the way some people do. Being a huge fan of movies from Hollywood's golden age I am accustomed to viewing material within the "context" of it's times. Thus bad sfx in the Buck Rogers or Flash Gordon serials from the 1930s just add a vintage quality to those films. The same with TNG. It's the stories and the characters that really matter, and TNG had good characters overall and excellent stories.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Bryancd

I began to watch TNG in 1986 but college got in the way. I never actually watched the whole shooting match on DVD until 2001! But I loved it and went on to catch up with Star Trek. :)

Ursula

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on June 26, 2009, 08:55:33 AM
I assume you mean TNG (The Next Generation). Yeah it's fun to watch the entire series from beginning to end.

Ah yes, of course I meant TNG (what the hell is TSG!?).  Good to see my typo is preserved for eternity in the heading of my post.

ChadH

Quote from: Ursula on June 26, 2009, 08:52:08 AM
Have just started watching TSG again from the start.  The early episodes are a bit clunkier than I remember, but somehow that makes me enjoy it all the more because it reminds me of TOS.  Although, I do like Riker with a bit more weight on him that he has  in the pilot.
Do you have a favorite episode from the first couple of seasons? I'm just curious.