• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

"STAR TREK Into Darkness" - 2013

Started by Rico, June 17, 2009, 04:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feathers

I tend to agree.

Having 'done' Romulans (sort of) surely Klingons must be the next 'Big Bad'.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bryancd

Quote from: Feathers on June 18, 2009, 02:10:03 AM
I tend to agree.

Well, they did actually film Klingon's for the new movie but that entire sequence was cut out of the final film. Wouldn't be suprised to see that scene show up on a DVD release. So I am going to go with a new baddie for the next film.

iceman

Im with you especially since this is a revamping of the original series, they will probably want to be familiar but still be different from the original.

Feathers

Quote from: Bryancd on June 18, 2009, 05:16:35 AM
Quote from: Feathers on June 18, 2009, 02:10:03 AM
I tend to agree.

Well, they did actually film Klingon's for the new movie but that entire sequence was cut out of the final film. Wouldn't be suprised to see that scene show up on a DVD release. So I am going to go with a new baddie for the next film.

Ah yes. I'd forgotten about that...it's got to be Daleks then.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

A cut scene isn't really enough to rule out Klingons.  Frankly, I think it's a good possibility we will see some Klingons in the next movie.  Not sure if they will be the main threat, but I bet we still see some.

Bryancd

Oh, I think we will certainly see them this time, I would think, I just don't think they would be the main antagonist. These guy's seem pretty creative and now thatthey have established this new universe it's time to get crazy!

billybob476

Thing with Klingons is they're probably the most recognizable Trek race after Vulcans, so good for new fans as well.

cassious

Personally, I would love to see Borg or Dominion as the bad guys, but, I suppose they can't take the mirror universe thing too far  ;). I'll just have to wait for like....the 17th movie.

I'd like it if they made something like the Borg, something actually kind of scary where you're sitting there thinking "If these things were real....".

Sorta kinda off topic, still sticking to sequels however, do you guys think they'll make other movies with the young versions of, say, TNG (Picard with hair LOL) or something, or just stick to TOS?
"Would you like refreshments?""No""...Would you like a pillow?""No!""Perhaps some music?""No thank you!...Sir!" Gotta love when an android tries to be caring ♥
My cyberpunk fic:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5335859/1/Blurred_Realities

SPOCKFAN

I think they will stick with TOS. But what I would love to see is a new TV series. They could do a series based on the TNG crew in the new alternate timeline. Recast the roles and show that crew starting off.

Jaames

I also think they'll stick with the TOS crew in future movies. As far as a new TV series, I'm hoping for fresh material. I would still love to see a Starfleet Academy Series.

And as far as the next group of bad guys, I'm hoping they'll come up with a new race but have a subplot with a well known enemy as well. I've heard some talk of revisiting Khan, but as much as I love Khan, I really hope they don't go there.

Jobydrone

I'd bet a million dollars that we will see Klingons prominently featured in the next movie, most likely as the primary villian.

I'll place a side bet of any amount that it will be freaking awesome.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

M-5

I'd like to see Klingons.  I want Kirk and the Klingon Commander go head to head in a fist fight.  Except, I want Kirk to kick some Klingon back. :)

billybob476

I...HAVE HAD...ENOUGH OF...YOUUUUUU!

Data

I would love to see Lieutenant Arex it would just be a really cool touch 
"Commander. You just sit tight. We'll have this all fixed up in time for supper. "

Rico

The latest talk floating around is that having Khan in it is at about a 50:50 chance.  sigh....