• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

"STAR TREK Into Darkness" - 2013

Started by Rico, June 17, 2009, 04:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davekill

Alice Eve's change of hair style to the Elizabeth Dehner 'do' is a serious indictment.

Bryancd

I have been saying this for months! I thought Karl let the cat out of the bag.

ChrisMC

Poster is out....doesn't show too much, but I guess that's Cumberbatch in the trenchcoat. Interesting.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Bryancd

Seeing that makes me think it's Kahn and the Eugenics War again! Or they were doing experiments in ESP and Gary Mitchell is busting out...but you can see smoke off in the distance, so this isn't an isolated thing.

robbo1510

One eagle-eyed person I follow on Twitter (@marcstamper of the Trekmate podcast) has spotted that this picture depicts London (London Eye in bottom left area, just above the flames). Intriguing!

Bryancd

I see it. Well, that at least explains why he's a Brit. :)

Bromptonboy

Given the location of the 'Gherkin' building - and the London Eye in the picture - does that put him standing on the ruins of London Bridge station? 
Pete

billybob476

Interesting considering most Trek films seem to threaten San Francisco all the time :)

Rico

Hmm, interesting poster and of course doesn't reveal much.  I am wondering what all the rubble/metal superstructure is from?  Maybe a Starship?  Frankly it has kind of a Borg vibe to it - but I don't think they are involved.

billybob476

Might be a ship, might just be a building, might have nothing to do with the movie at all :)

jedijeff

A lot of beams and what looks like Rebar, so I wonder if it is a building of some sort, but could be a ship as well, maybe a Starfleet ship of some sort. The Hole in the structure is in a Starfleet Emblem, so must be in reference the Into Darkness.

billybob476

Bryancd

Itr's a bit of a rip off of the Dark Knight poster. Fankly I am suffering from Dark Knight emulation fatigue, seems everyone want to do movies just like Nolan.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on December 03, 2012, 05:50:30 AM
Hmm, interesting poster and of course doesn't reveal much.  I am wondering what all the rubble/metal superstructure is from?  Maybe a Starship?  Frankly it has kind of a Borg vibe to it - but I don't think they are involved.

I"m with you Rico.. first thought after seeing the poster was Borg.. but yeah I don't think they will bring them into it.

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com