• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

"STAR TREK Into Darkness" - 2013

Started by Rico, June 17, 2009, 04:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

X

I get what you're saying, but I just mentally add it. Khan didn't have a colon on the posters either. It was added latter because we pause.

Rico

Maybe it's actually suppose to be read without a pause - as a sentence.  Think about it.  Star trek into darkness.  Maybe the title is more literal, meaning a journey into the darkness of,....?  Space?  Evil??  The soul???

billybob476

And I guess on descriptive vs non-descriptive titles, they've kind of gone down the middle n the past. 2, 3, 4 and First Contact had fairly descriptive titles while the rest of the don't.

Rico

Well, this movie is also coming in 2013.  A horror film called "Into the Darkness."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1496389/

Rico

I just whipped this little poster up.

jedijeff

Cool Poster Rico, I think once we start seeing some promotional material, this Title will have more meaning and effect. I sort of like how it is a bit ambiguous right now.

Roddenberry

Into Darkness, so maybe the stars are disappearing, maybe a planet or two as well....sounds familiar.  :D

The Doctor is coming.

:D

Dangelus

I was going to say the colon isn't an issue if the title is displayed as your mockup Rico. It's when it's displayed on one line that it seems weird.

Well I'm intrigued by the title which I suppose is a good thing. How about a frickin trailer now eh? ;)

Ktrek

They don't use colons in the Star Trek book titles so why should they for movie titles? I kind of like it.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

ChrisMC

True, and even the "coloned" ones aren't "coloned" on the posters. Finally something in the way of news to talk about!
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

davekill

Into darkness sounds pretty foreboding, Reminds me of the gathering gloom of The Fellowship of the Ring.

Do you suppose this means the federation is are going to war?

With...

1) Klingons

2) Romulans

3) Internal war

If so, I hope it's a united federation against a common foe like the Klingons and not an attempt to be edgy like the TNG episode 'Conspiracy'.

Or it could be worse, they could be fighting vampires.- that's pretty dark.
James T. Kirk: Vampire hunter  :ohmy

WillEagle

I like the title because it's so diffrent from any other Trek film. And I agree with Rico, Keep Star Trek in the title! Also I would prefer they have a colon than not too. I am very happy they finally came out with a title.

Rico

I made another wallpaper image.  Used it for today's Daily Pic too!  :)

Feathers

I guess the title will be on two lines or similar that will make the colon redundant.

I think I like it but I hope it does follow the implied lead into something perhaps a little slower and darker than we got last time.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Feathers

Quote from: Rico on September 08, 2012, 01:00:01 PM
I made another wallpaper image.  Used it for today's Daily Pic too!  :)
That's really nice!

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.